Lamb Massaman Curry Recipe
A traditional Thai massaman curry is made with beef rather than lamb. However, I find the flavours work really well with lamb and result in a beautiful, rich curry. In this Lamb Massaman Curry recipe I have used a good-quality store-bought massaman paste; it makes for a quick and easy recipe.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 200g good-quality massaman curry paste
- 2 large lamb shanks (use 4 if small)
- 2 tins coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 4 potatoes, cut in half
- 3 carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Steamed greens, to serve
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Heat coconut oil in large cast-iron pot, add curry paste and cook for 5 mins, stirring constantly. Add lamb shanks and cook on each side for 2 mins until sealed, then remove.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce and coconut palm sugar. Give everything a good mix until well combined and bring to simmer.
- Add 1 cup peanuts and water to small food processor and blend to smooth paste. Pour mixture into pan and mix until combined with sauce. Add lamb shanks, along with potato, carrot and onion. Make sure everything is mostly covered with sauce and cover. Bake for 3 hours until sauce has thickened and lamb is falling off the bone.
- Serve topped with remaining dry-roasted peanuts along with rice and steamed greens.
Herb and Goat’s Cheese Omelette Recipe
This omelette is high in protein, can be packed with vegies and is quick to prepare. Try this Herb and...
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Raw Coffee Slice Recipe
This nourishing slice is a guilt-free piece of heaven and a must to share with a coffee-loving significant other. Enjoy!...