Lemony Pea Pesto Vegetarian Spaghetti Recipe
The beauty of this vegetarian spaghetti recipe is twofold. It’s simply a blend-and-mix method making for a super-quick 10-minute meal, and the pesto is bulked out with low-kilojoule ingredients that add loads of flavour and texture. You won’t feel like it’s missing anything!
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup basil + extra leaves, to garnish
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ medium zucchini, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
- 500g spaghetti (to make it extra-low kilojoule, use a soybean or mung bean spaghetti variety)
- 50g parmesan, finely shaved, to serve
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients except the parmesan and the spaghetti in a high-powered blender.
- Blend until semi-smooth. Taste and season with extra salt, pepper or lemon as desired.
- Place the spaghetti into the boiling water and cook according to packet directions. Once cooked, drain and return the spaghetti to the pan over a low heat. Add the lemony pea pesto and cook until heated through.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with some freshly grated parmesan and basil.
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...
Ricotta with Eggplant, Olives & Tomato Recipe
Eggplant is such a wonderfully ‘meaty’ vegetable, and makes the ultimate crowd-pleasing starter when teamed with these scrumptious Italian flavours.