Lentil Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
This Lentil Stuffed Capsicum recipe is really simple to throw together in the morning to cook while you’re at work. I’m always amazed how relaxing it is to arrive home to the smell of a finished dinner wafting from the slow cooker. This dish works really well with quinoa instead of rice, if you prefer.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 400g tin tomato puree
- Pinch dried oregano
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 400g tin lentils, drained
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 6 large capsicums, various colours
- 3 bocconcini balls, sliced in half
- Cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until softened, then add garlic and cook for 1 min more until fragrant. Add tomato puree and oregano and stir to combine. Pour into slow cooker pot.
- Place rice, lentils, pesto, parsley and spring onion in large bowl and mix to combine. Stuff capsicums with mixture and place in slow cooker snugly side by side. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Place cheese on top of each capsicum and keep cooking for 10 mins until melted.
- Serve topped with extra parsley and a side salad.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Matcha Panna Cotta with Raspberry Ice Recipe
A beautiful, delicious and nourishing dessert, this Matcha Panna Cotta is really easy to make and a dessert you’ll love...
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...