Lentil Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
This Lentil Stuffed Capsicum recipe is really simple to throw together in the morning to cook while you’re at work. I’m always amazed how relaxing it is to arrive home to the smell of a finished dinner wafting from the slow cooker. This dish works really well with quinoa instead of rice, if you prefer.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 400g tin tomato puree
- Pinch dried oregano
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 400g tin lentils, drained
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 6 large capsicums, various colours
- 3 bocconcini balls, sliced in half
- Cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until softened, then add garlic and cook for 1 min more until fragrant. Add tomato puree and oregano and stir to combine. Pour into slow cooker pot.
- Place rice, lentils, pesto, parsley and spring onion in large bowl and mix to combine. Stuff capsicums with mixture and place in slow cooker snugly side by side. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Place cheese on top of each capsicum and keep cooking for 10 mins until melted.
- Serve topped with extra parsley and a side salad.
Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
Looking for a snack that is nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too? Try our delicious Healthy Seed...
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...