Lentil Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
This Lentil Stuffed Capsicum recipe is really simple to throw together in the morning to cook while you’re at work. I’m always amazed how relaxing it is to arrive home to the smell of a finished dinner wafting from the slow cooker. This dish works really well with quinoa instead of rice, if you prefer.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 400g tin tomato puree
- Pinch dried oregano
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 400g tin lentils, drained
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 6 large capsicums, various colours
- 3 bocconcini balls, sliced in half
- Cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until softened, then add garlic and cook for 1 min more until fragrant. Add tomato puree and oregano and stir to combine. Pour into slow cooker pot.
- Place rice, lentils, pesto, parsley and spring onion in large bowl and mix to combine. Stuff capsicums with mixture and place in slow cooker snugly side by side. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Place cheese on top of each capsicum and keep cooking for 10 mins until melted.
- Serve topped with extra parsley and a side salad.
Fragrant Chicken Broth with Tofu Recipe
This fragrant broth is filled with so much goodness that just the aroma makes you feel better. Enjoy our Fragrant...
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes with Mocha Fudge Sauce Recipe
These delicious gluten-free pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast or afternoon treat.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...