Lentil Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
This Lentil Stuffed Capsicum recipe is really simple to throw together in the morning to cook while you’re at work. I’m always amazed how relaxing it is to arrive home to the smell of a finished dinner wafting from the slow cooker. This dish works really well with quinoa instead of rice, if you prefer.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 400g tin tomato puree
- Pinch dried oregano
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 400g tin lentils, drained
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 6 large capsicums, various colours
- 3 bocconcini balls, sliced in half
- Cook onion in olive oil over medium heat until softened, then add garlic and cook for 1 min more until fragrant. Add tomato puree and oregano and stir to combine. Pour into slow cooker pot.
- Place rice, lentils, pesto, parsley and spring onion in large bowl and mix to combine. Stuff capsicums with mixture and place in slow cooker snugly side by side. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Place cheese on top of each capsicum and keep cooking for 10 mins until melted.
- Serve topped with extra parsley and a side salad.
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...