Marmalade and Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
Marmalade always makes me think of my dear Nanna who was from Lancashire in England and would always smother it on toast. I’m sure she would have loved this cake, particularly for its secret ingredient: cannellini beans! This cake offers a wonderfully light but flavoursome taste, sweetened only with honey and that gorgeous sticky marmalade drizzle. And, no, you can’t taste the beans at all.
- 2 × 400g tins cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 150g creamed or “set” honey (not runny honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 100g almond meal
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 100g coconut oil, melted
- Good pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp good-quality marmalade
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Grease and line 20cm spring-form tin and set aside.
- Place beans, honey and vanilla in food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, pulsing to combine after each addition.
- Transfer mixture to mixing bowl and stir in orange and lemon zest, almond meal, poppy seeds, baking powder, coconut oil and salt.
- Pour into prepared cake tin and place in oven.
- Bake for 35–40 mins or until golden and firm to touch.
- Remove from oven but leave in tin for now.
- Combine marmalade and orange juice in small cup.
- Use skewer to poke several holes in cake and spoon marmalade mixture all over top of cake. The holes will help to bring this deliciousness down into the cake.
- Leave to sit for 5 mins and remove from tin to cool completely on wire rack.
Smoked Salmon with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
This gluten-free zucchini pasta recipe is perfect for summer days when you're craving pasta without that heavy carb feeling.
Organic Chickpea Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
With an appetizing Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flair, Explore Cuisine’s Chickpea Fusilli is a healthy choice that will please the...
Organic Black Rice Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
The blended organic red, brown and black rice make this pasta truly exceptional and “one-of-a-kind”. The rice is cultivated in...
Organic Thai Red Rice Rigatoni — Explore Cuisine
Explore Cuisine’s Thai Red Rice Rigatoni is a healthy choice that will please the family and simplify your life. Cooks...