Mini Lime Tarts Recipe
Could a dessert possibly be cuter than this?! These mini lime tarts are just as tasty as they are mini. With ingredients like coconut and lime coming together, it’s a match made in heaven. Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to this sugar-, dairy- and guilt-free dessert.
Makes: 6-8 medium tarts or 12 mini tarts
- 250g cashews, soaked for 2 hours
- 1½ cups desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rice-malt syrup
- 2 tbsp Supercharged Foods Love Your Gut Powder * (optional)
- 250mL coconut cream
- 3 tbsp cacao butter
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Zest 2 limes
- Juice 1 lime
- Lime slices, lime zest & coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Grease 6 individual tart tins with light layer of coconut oil.
- To make base, combine cashews, coconut, coconut oil, rice-malt syrup and powder in food processor until crumbly dough forms.
- Neatly press into tart tins and place in freezer for 2 hours to set.
- After 1½ hours, prepare filling by gently heating coconut cream and cacao butter in small saucepan over low heat. Transfer to bowl and stir in stevia, vanilla and lime juice and zest. Place bowl in freezer for 15 mins to let cool slightly.
- To assemble tarts, carefully pour filling into tart shells and leave to set in fridge for at least 1 hour or until needed.
- Serve with extra lime slices, lime zest and dollop of coconut yoghurt if desired.
- * Available at most health-food stores.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...