Miso Broth with Pork Dumplings Recipe
I love pork in a dumpling or gyoza; the fat content of really good-quality pork makes for a deliciously moist dumpling and keeps them from drying out.
- 250g pork mince
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- ½ bunch coriander, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 14 dumpling wrappers
- Boiling water
- 500mL bone broth
- 2 tbsp miso
- Sliced spring onion, chilli & coriander to serve
- Combine mince, spring onions, coriander, garlic, ginger, chilli, sesame oil and tamari in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Place a tbsp of mixture in each wrapper, fold over and press to seal.
- Heat a frying pan over low heat, add a tbsp olive oil and add dumplings. Fry until golden, then add about 1 cm of hot water to the pan, cover and cook until the water has evaporated.
- Remove lid and cook for about 1 min more.
- Heat the bone broth and stir in miso. Divide between 2 bowls, add dumplings and garnish with spring onion, chilli and coriander.
- Tip: If pork isn’t your thing swap it out for chicken mince and add a little more liquid like chicken stock or your favourite Asian sauce to stop them from drying out.
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...