Miso and Kelp Noodle Broth Recipe
I love to make this soup when I’m feeling a little under the weather or a bit out of balance. It’s wonderfully grounding, nourishing, immune-boosting and easy on the digestion. In fact, the miso is a wonderful friend for the gut, delivering a dose of good bacteria to enrich our microbiomes. Just be sure to use an unpasteurised miso and only add it after cooking as stipulated in the recipe.
- ½ tbsp finely chopped ginger
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- Few drops sesame oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup kelp noodles
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 sheet nori, roughly torn or sliced
- 1 tbsp unpasteurised miso paste
- 50g silken tofu, cubed (optional)
- Add ginger and oil to saucepan and sauté for a few mins.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add sesame oil, water, mushrooms, kelp noodles, spring onion and nori, and bring to simmer.
- Transfer about ¼ cup of liquid to serving bowl and add miso paste, stirring to combine.
- Once soup has cooled slightly, add it to serving bowl with tofu if using, and stir through.
Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to...
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Tahini Choc Chip Cookies Recipes
As a mum and nutritionist, I’m always trying to find more nourishing ways to create the family favourites — especially...
Tahini Icy Poles Recipes
For as long as I can remember there has been a healthy version of icy poles in my life. My...