Miso and Kelp Noodle Broth Recipe
I love to make this soup when I’m feeling a little under the weather or a bit out of balance. It’s wonderfully grounding, nourishing, immune-boosting and easy on the digestion. In fact, the miso is a wonderful friend for the gut, delivering a dose of good bacteria to enrich our microbiomes. Just be sure to use an unpasteurised miso and only add it after cooking as stipulated in the recipe.
- ½ tbsp finely chopped ginger
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- Few drops sesame oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup kelp noodles
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 sheet nori, roughly torn or sliced
- 1 tbsp unpasteurised miso paste
- 50g silken tofu, cubed (optional)
- Add ginger and oil to saucepan and sauté for a few mins.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add sesame oil, water, mushrooms, kelp noodles, spring onion and nori, and bring to simmer.
- Transfer about ¼ cup of liquid to serving bowl and add miso paste, stirring to combine.
- Once soup has cooled slightly, add it to serving bowl with tofu if using, and stir through.
We chat with Karen Sharman and Dom Mason from Gingerbread Folk
From humble beginnings, Gingerbread Folk has grown into a thriving enterprise. We sat down with Karen Sharman and Dom Mason...
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...
Mango passionfruit chia pudding
Need a healthy breakfast or a lunch on the run? These vegan mango passionfruit chia puddings are the perfect solution