Miso and Kelp Noodle Broth Recipe
I love to make this soup when I’m feeling a little under the weather or a bit out of balance. It’s wonderfully grounding, nourishing, immune-boosting and easy on the digestion. In fact, the miso is a wonderful friend for the gut, delivering a dose of good bacteria to enrich our microbiomes. Just be sure to use an unpasteurised miso and only add it after cooking as stipulated in the recipe.
- ½ tbsp finely chopped ginger
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- Few drops sesame oil
- 2 cups water
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup kelp noodles
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 sheet nori, roughly torn or sliced
- 1 tbsp unpasteurised miso paste
- 50g silken tofu, cubed (optional)
- Add ginger and oil to saucepan and sauté for a few mins.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Add sesame oil, water, mushrooms, kelp noodles, spring onion and nori, and bring to simmer.
- Transfer about ¼ cup of liquid to serving bowl and add miso paste, stirring to combine.
- Once soup has cooled slightly, add it to serving bowl with tofu if using, and stir through.
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...
Pea, Mint and Ginger Risotto Recipe
The combination of peas, mint, ginger and lemon is so delicious. When I make this dish, I always have a...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...