Mushroom, Thyme and Feta Tarts Recipe
I have a carpet of thyme growing in my garden, so I’m always looking for ways to use it up. Mushrooms, thyme and garlic are a match made in heaven and, when feta and puff pastry come along, it’s quite a party. These tarts are so simple to make you can have lunch on the table in 30 minutes flat.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 500g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- Salt & pepper
- 1 sheet all-butter frozen puff pastry (24cm × 24cm)
- 4 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Side salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter in large frying pan over medium heat and add mushroom. Cook for 5 mins until wilted then add garlic and cook for 1 min more. Drain off any liquid. Stir through thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice sheet of pastry into 4 squares and place on lined baking sheet a few centimetres apart. Score 1cm border on each. Pile mushrooms into centre and sprinkle over feta. Brush edges with beaten egg and bake for 15 mins until puffed and golden. Serve hot with side salad.
4 vegan treats the whole family will love
Made using Ulu Hye creamy plant-based alternatives, these vegan treats are set to become your go-to for family gatherings —...
Get to know David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl from Green Kitchen Stories
David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl are the Scandinavian duo at the helm of Green Kitchen Stories. Their simple, healthy and...
Atkins Smooth Chocolate Ready to Drink
The perfect shake when watching your carb intake. Made with gluten-free ingredients and with less than one gram of sugar,...
Glow Teabag Tin - Byron Bay Tea Company
Beauty begins on the inside, which makes GLOW tea the perfect primer.