Mushroom, Thyme and Feta Tarts Recipe
I have a carpet of thyme growing in my garden, so I’m always looking for ways to use it up. Mushrooms, thyme and garlic are a match made in heaven and, when feta and puff pastry come along, it’s quite a party. These tarts are so simple to make you can have lunch on the table in 30 minutes flat.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 500g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- Salt & pepper
- 1 sheet all-butter frozen puff pastry (24cm × 24cm)
- 4 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Side salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter in large frying pan over medium heat and add mushroom. Cook for 5 mins until wilted then add garlic and cook for 1 min more. Drain off any liquid. Stir through thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice sheet of pastry into 4 squares and place on lined baking sheet a few centimetres apart. Score 1cm border on each. Pile mushrooms into centre and sprinkle over feta. Brush edges with beaten egg and bake for 15 mins until puffed and golden. Serve hot with side salad.
9 tips for longevity from the Blue Zones
Blue Zones are regions of the planet where a high proportion of people live to be over 100 years old....
Fast, Healthy & Delicious Fish Burger
If ever there was a super-quick, super-satisfying and super-nourishing easy meal to curb the cravings of a burger on the...
Healthy Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine
This Garlic & Chilli Prawn Linguine recipe is effortlessly simple and is perfect for a midweek meal. Enjoy with the...
Vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry
This vegan Coconut & Chickpea Curry recipe combines creamy coconut milk with a range of spices to create the most...