Mushroom, Thyme and Feta Tarts Recipe
I have a carpet of thyme growing in my garden, so I’m always looking for ways to use it up. Mushrooms, thyme and garlic are a match made in heaven and, when feta and puff pastry come along, it’s quite a party. These tarts are so simple to make you can have lunch on the table in 30 minutes flat.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 500g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- Salt & pepper
- 1 sheet all-butter frozen puff pastry (24cm × 24cm)
- 4 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Side salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter in large frying pan over medium heat and add mushroom. Cook for 5 mins until wilted then add garlic and cook for 1 min more. Drain off any liquid. Stir through thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice sheet of pastry into 4 squares and place on lined baking sheet a few centimetres apart. Score 1cm border on each. Pile mushrooms into centre and sprinkle over feta. Brush edges with beaten egg and bake for 15 mins until puffed and golden. Serve hot with side salad.
Atkins Smooth Chocolate Ready to Drink
The perfect shake when watching your carb intake. Made with gluten-free ingredients and with less than one gram of sugar,...
Glow Teabag Tin - Byron Bay Tea Company
Beauty begins on the inside, which makes GLOW tea the perfect primer.
5 nutritional trends Endeavour College of Natural Health alumna, Meg Yonson, hopes will stay after the pandemic ends
Endeavour College of Natural Health alumna, Meg Yonson, explores five food trends that she hopes will stay long after this...
Vegetarian Miso Ginger Noodles with Poached Eggs Recipe
Looking for a quick and healthy meal option? Try this delicious miso noodle soup, topped with a poached egg for...