Mushroom, Tomato and Zucchini Bruschetta RecipeCredit: Adam Guthrie
When you’re cooking for just yourself, it’s great to make sure you have a few easy go-to recipes so you know that with just a little effort you’ll be rewarded with a nutritious and satisfying meal.
- 3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Handful broccoli florets
- ¼ zucchini, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ avocado, mashed
- 1 slice fresh sourdough bread, lightly toasted
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat frypan on high heat and add mushrooms and quarter cup of water to pan. Sauté mushrooms for 2–3 mins.
- Add broccoli florets, zucchini and some cherry tomatoes then sauté for a few mins in hot pan until all ingredients are softened slightly. Add soy sauce or tamari.
- Spread toast with avocado and top with sautéed mushroom mix, remaining tomatoes and sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Tortilla and Black Bean Pie Recipe
This pie has minimal cooking and is fun for kids to put together, although adult supervision is recommended.
Portobello Black Bean Burgers with Lemon and Garlic Recipe
Not only are these burgers scrumptious and filling, they are also sneakily healthy, meaning you won’t get that after-burger bloat...
Raw Chocolate and Cranberry Fudge Recipe
This decadent treat is loaded with goodness! Need a quick and easy dessert recipe or lunchbox snack? Give these a...
Muesli Yoghurt Cups Recipe
This gorgeous dessert or snack is a crowd-pleaser! Yoghurt is a great source of protein, calcium and vitamin D necessary...