Oat and Coconut Thumb Print Biscuits Recipe
A great snack that’s nourishing and delicious, these biscuits are packed with oats and almonds, which deliver sustained energy and protein.
Makes: 20–24 cookies
- 75g rolled oats
- 70g almonds
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 60g coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp jam
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place oats on tray in oven for 5 mins, then remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Add to blender or food processor with almonds and blitz to rough crumb.
- Add to mixing bowl then add the cornflour and stir to combine.
- Add coconut, oil and maple syrup and combine well.
- Spoon onto lined baking tray, pressing down on each biscuit to make a little indent with your thumb.
- Dollop ½ tsp jam into each indent then bake for 15 mins or until just golden and slightly browned on underside.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Oven-Baked Vegie Fritters
These tasty vegie fritters are loaded with dietary fibre for good bowel health, beta-carotene for healthy vision and complex carbohydrates...
Give sugar the flick with this honey-sweetened lemon tart: you’ll never look back. If you are a real honey fan...
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...