Olive oil carrot cake
I use olive oil instead of butter in cakes all the time. It makes the cake taste much lighter and keeps the cake moist at the same time.
Makes: 1 cake
- 200g grated carrot (approx. 2 carrots)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 50g sultanas
- 50g currants
- 125g coconut sugar
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 100g blanched almond meal
- 30g potato starch
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g plain coconut yoghurt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line slice tin with baking paper.
- Place grated carrot in large mixing bowl along with olive oil, eggs, sultanas and currants. Mix together with fork until well combined.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Pour into slice tin and bake for 40 mins until golden brown or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Remove cake from tin and allow to cool completely.
- To make icing, place coconut yoghurt and maple syrup in bowl and mix until combined. Once cake is completely cool cut into pieces and top each piece with coconut yoghurt and sprinkle of desiccated coconut.
Bertolli — Extra Virgin Olive Oil Originale
Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil Originale is their most popular olive oil and Bertolli is the world’s No. 1 olive...
Bertolli Organic Fruity Olive Oil
Bertolli Organic is a range of extra virgin olive oils made from organic olives, so no pesticides or chemicals are...
Olive oil aioli
Thick and creamy olive oil aioli - is there anything better? We love this recipe that's all about flavour.