Olive oil, thyme and caper dressing
I use this olive oil, thyme and caper dressing on a simple salad of cos lettuce, sliced avocado, toasted almonds and thinly sliced red onion. It’s also amazing drizzled over steamed vegetables, such as broccoli and cauliflower.
Makes: 1 jar
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbs baby capers
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup apple-cider vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place pitted medjool dates in small bowl and top with boiling water. Set aside to soften.
- While dates are softening, place remaining ingredients in blender.
- Add softened dates and date water to blender. Blend for 1 min until smooth, thick and creamy.
- Pour into clean jar and store in fridge for up to two weeks.