3 healthy winter treats to satisfy your inner choc-aholic
Utilising the ancient restorative powers of raw cacao, cinnamon and ashwagandha, Organic Merchant’s Spirit Dust is a must-have daily tonic to reduce the symptoms of stress and adrenal fatigue. Use in your morning smoothie, in baking, or mixed with oat milk and honey to create a creamy hot chocolate.
Nourishing Cacao Porridge
Makes: 1-2 bowls
- 1 cup buckwheat hulls
- 2 cups milk of choice + extra
- 4 heaped tsp Organic Merchant’s Spirit Dust
- 2 tbsp chia seeds or flaxseed
- ½ cup fruit (sultanas, figs, dates, grated apple, poached pears, pomegranate jewels)
- To Serve
- Grated apple with cinnamon
- Fresh figs with honey & walnuts
- Poached pears with vanilla
- Pomegranate jewels and pistachios
- Combine all porridge ingredients in a bowl and soak overnight to allow hulls/seeds to soften.
- Once soaked, transfer to a saucepan and cook over low heat for 15-20 mins or until thick and creamy.
- Add more milk or water if needed.
- Serve in bowls topped with your choice of fruit and garnishes.
Winter Warming Hot Chocolate
- 2 tsp Organic Merchant’s Spirit Dust
- 20mL hot water
- 200mL hot milk (we recommend creamy oat milk)
- 1 tsp honey
- Choose your favourite teacup or mug and fill it with Spirit Dust.
- Add hot water or milk and stir to make a paste.
- Heat milk on the stove and pour over the chocolate paste.
- Add honey for a hint of sweetness.
- Tip: If you prefer a more lavish chocolate flavour and extra creaminess, we recommend adding 3 tsp Spirit Dust and 1 tsp of ghee. For a slightly more savoury and nutty taste, add 1 tsp of tahini.
Gluten-free Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding
- ½ cup Organic Merchant’s Spirit Dust of choice
- 1 cup gluten-free self-raising flour
- ¾ cup xylitol
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 30g butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup hazelnuts, halved
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1¾ cups boiling water
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Lightly grease an ovenproof dish large enough to hold up to 2L.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tbsp Spirit Dust with the flour and xylitol.
- Add the milk, butter, vanilla and hazelnuts. Stir everything to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared ovenproof dish. Make sure the top is smooth.
- Sprinkle combined sugar and cocoa over the pudding mixture.
- Slowly pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon to cover the sugar mixture and the pudding mixture.
- Place dish onto a baking tray. Bake for around 45 mins or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in the centre.
- Serve immediately with a spoonful of cream or ice cream and sprinkle with more Spirit Dust for a rich chocolate taste.
For more information visit organicmerchant.com.au
3 vegan chocolate recipes the EatWell team can't get enough of
Treat yourself to these vegan chocolate delights, made with Pana Organic's guilt-free, gluten-free range to create the most drool-worthy vegan...
Mini Gluten-Free Chocolate Cakes Recipe
These mini gluten-free chocolate cakes offer a healthier alternative to sweet treats, using unrefined sweetener for a beautiful caramel flavour.
Wheat-free Chocolate Zucchini Cake
This delicious wheat-free chocolate zucchini cake is super-moist and light, and the best thing is it’s packed with good-for-you ingredients!