Platter with Maple-Cinnamon Nuts and Rooibos-Poached Pears
A platter filled with lots of gorgeous bits and pieces is one of my favourite things. It’s also fantastically versatile, allowing you to add whatever you have on hand. A more savoury version would also be delicious; add slow-roasted cherry tomatoes, green pea dip and fresh crudités.
- Maple-cinnamon nuts
- ¾ cup nuts such as macadamias & pecans
- ¼–½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- Rooibos-poached pears
- 1 pear, sliced into 1cm slices
- 2 rooibos teabags
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Berries, passionfruit, figs, pomegranate, lychees, to serve
- Good-quality dark chocolate, to serve
- Good-quality cheese or cashew cheese, to serve
- Homemade dips, to serve
- Sugar snap peas, snow peas, cucumber slices, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place nuts on lined baking tray and bake for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and add cinnamon and maple, stirring to coat.
- Pop back in oven for 5 mins, or until nicely browned.
- The nuts will crisp up as they cool.
- For pears, make strong infusion with teabags and ½ cup boiled water.
- Add to small saucepan with maple syrup and pears.
- Bring to low simmer and cook for 20 mins, or until pears are tender.
- To assemble platter, arrange everything on large plate or board and serve with crackers or bread, if desired.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...