Platter with Maple-Cinnamon Nuts and Rooibos-Poached Pears
A platter filled with lots of gorgeous bits and pieces is one of my favourite things. It’s also fantastically versatile, allowing you to add whatever you have on hand. A more savoury version would also be delicious; add slow-roasted cherry tomatoes, green pea dip and fresh crudités.
- Maple-cinnamon nuts
- ¾ cup nuts such as macadamias & pecans
- ¼–½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- Rooibos-poached pears
- 1 pear, sliced into 1cm slices
- 2 rooibos teabags
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Berries, passionfruit, figs, pomegranate, lychees, to serve
- Good-quality dark chocolate, to serve
- Good-quality cheese or cashew cheese, to serve
- Homemade dips, to serve
- Sugar snap peas, snow peas, cucumber slices, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place nuts on lined baking tray and bake for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and add cinnamon and maple, stirring to coat.
- Pop back in oven for 5 mins, or until nicely browned.
- The nuts will crisp up as they cool.
- For pears, make strong infusion with teabags and ½ cup boiled water.
- Add to small saucepan with maple syrup and pears.
- Bring to low simmer and cook for 20 mins, or until pears are tender.
- To assemble platter, arrange everything on large plate or board and serve with crackers or bread, if desired.
Spinach Goat’s Cheese and Pine Nut Tarts Recipe
This tart is a trusty friend when you want to take something simple but special along to a potluck feast...
Brussels Sprout, Kale and Feta Pie Recipe
Paying homage to the humble Brussels sprout, this pie is a lovely combination of deliciousness and goodness. Packed with fibre,...
Indian Coconut Lentil Curry Recipe
Lentils and other legumes are considered a low-GI food as they are digested slowly and won’t cause a sharp rise...
Spiced Walnut and Date Bliss Balls Recipe
These bliss balls are the perfect sweet treat and the spices add a lovely warm and heated flavour. These would...