Platter with Maple-Cinnamon Nuts and Rooibos-Poached Pears
A platter filled with lots of gorgeous bits and pieces is one of my favourite things. It’s also fantastically versatile, allowing you to add whatever you have on hand. A more savoury version would also be delicious; add slow-roasted cherry tomatoes, green pea dip and fresh crudités.
- Maple-cinnamon nuts
- ¾ cup nuts such as macadamias & pecans
- ¼–½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- Rooibos-poached pears
- 1 pear, sliced into 1cm slices
- 2 rooibos teabags
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Berries, passionfruit, figs, pomegranate, lychees, to serve
- Good-quality dark chocolate, to serve
- Good-quality cheese or cashew cheese, to serve
- Homemade dips, to serve
- Sugar snap peas, snow peas, cucumber slices, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place nuts on lined baking tray and bake for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and add cinnamon and maple, stirring to coat.
- Pop back in oven for 5 mins, or until nicely browned.
- The nuts will crisp up as they cool.
- For pears, make strong infusion with teabags and ½ cup boiled water.
- Add to small saucepan with maple syrup and pears.
- Bring to low simmer and cook for 20 mins, or until pears are tender.
- To assemble platter, arrange everything on large plate or board and serve with crackers or bread, if desired.
Quick Salad Jars with Green Tahini Dressing
These food jars are perfect for taking to work. Simply layer your ingredients, pop it in the fridge and grab...
3 Gnocchi Recipes to Bring the Taste of Italy to Your Dinner Table
Made using Grand Italian's authentic pasta, these quick and easy gnocchi recipes are bursting with the flavours of Italy that...
High-Protein Bircher Bowl Recipe
This Bircher bowl is a delicious vegetarian breakfast you can make the night before, packed with flavour, texture and colour...
Mexican Corn Fritters & Avocado Salsa Recipe
These corn fritters are a fun and tasty twist on traditional corn fritters, packed full of colourful vegetables and served...