Platter with Maple-Cinnamon Nuts and Rooibos-Poached Pears
A platter filled with lots of gorgeous bits and pieces is one of my favourite things. It’s also fantastically versatile, allowing you to add whatever you have on hand. A more savoury version would also be delicious; add slow-roasted cherry tomatoes, green pea dip and fresh crudités.
- Maple-cinnamon nuts
- ¾ cup nuts such as macadamias & pecans
- ¼–½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- Rooibos-poached pears
- 1 pear, sliced into 1cm slices
- 2 rooibos teabags
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Berries, passionfruit, figs, pomegranate, lychees, to serve
- Good-quality dark chocolate, to serve
- Good-quality cheese or cashew cheese, to serve
- Homemade dips, to serve
- Sugar snap peas, snow peas, cucumber slices, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place nuts on lined baking tray and bake for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and add cinnamon and maple, stirring to coat.
- Pop back in oven for 5 mins, or until nicely browned.
- The nuts will crisp up as they cool.
- For pears, make strong infusion with teabags and ½ cup boiled water.
- Add to small saucepan with maple syrup and pears.
- Bring to low simmer and cook for 20 mins, or until pears are tender.
- To assemble platter, arrange everything on large plate or board and serve with crackers or bread, if desired.
Mushroom and Thyme Pasta Recipe
This pasta is one of my favourite vegetarian midweek meals. It’s quick and easy to make and really tasty. You...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...