Herby Pork Rissoles with Onions Recipe
Rissoles were a weekly occurrence in our house, growing up with my one-pound-Pom nanna (the English people who paid a pound to come out on early voyages to Australia), but they were dry, over-cooked and usually made from beef. I prefer lovely free-range pork.
Makes: 6 rissoles
- 500g pork mince
- Salt & pepper
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, stalks & leaves, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely sliced
- 6 juniper berries
- Green salad or mashed potato, to serve
- Heat non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Combine pork mince, salt, pepper, parsley, onion and garlic together in bowl and divide mixture into 6 even balls.
- Drizzle olive oil in pan and cook rissoles until golden on all sides and cooked through. Remove, cover and set aside.
- Reduce heat to low, add more olive oil, Spanish onion, a good pinch of salt, pepper and juniper berries. Sauté until onion is soft, scraping bottom of pan as you go. Once cooked to your liking, remove juniper berries.
- Serve rissoles with onion and green salad or mashed potato.
How to use different teas for natural beauty and abundant health
From green to ginger, mint to matcha, black to blueberry, there’s an abundance of teas to tempt anyone’s taste buds....
Do you ever experience heel pain? It could be plantar fasciitis
Dr Karen Bridgman shares a case of a woman with severe heel pain which was later diagnosed as plantar fasciitis....
Experience spa benefits at home with iHealth Saunas
A Sauna company with a difference, because an iHealth Sauna experience is a retreat in your own home.. iHealth Saunas...
Discover the magic of bird watching
Birdwatching is a diverse and enriching activity. Take in the sights, sounds and scenery of your natural surrounds and immerse...