Power Pikelets Recipe
My kids love a wholesome savoury pikelet for breakfast, lunch or a snack. This basic recipe can be altered to accommodate any combination of vegetables or flavours your kids like and is a nourishing addition to school lunches. Give lunch a nutrient boost and replace your bread with pikelets for a pikelet sandwich!
Makes: 20 pikelets
- 50g cheese, grated
- 200g vegetables such as zucchini, carrot, spinach & basil, grated or processed
- 2 eggs
- 300mL full-fat milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups approx. wholemeal spelt flour
- In bowl or food processor, grate or process cheese and vegetables. If they are very watery, squeeze out liquid. Set aside.
- Without rinsing food processor, beat together eggs, milk, baking powder and seasoning.
- Add vegetables, cheese and flour and mix until just combined.
- Melt a little butter, ghee or coconut oil in non-stick pan over medium–hot heat.
- Pour small amounts of batter into pan (how big they are is up to you) and flip when batter starts to bubble and edges brown.
- Serve however you like. My favourite methods are topped with butter or hummus; smoked salmon and labneh or avocado; or with pesto.
Mango Passionfruit Chia Pudding Recipe
Fruity chia puddings are great for a refreshing everyday dessert or at a dinner party, dressed up in a fancy...
Peach & Strawberry Yoghurt Iceblocks Recipe
Yoghurt gives these iceblocks a boost in probiotics which are an important part of the diet as they promote good...
Baked Papaya with Lime & Coconut Yoghurt Recipe
This recipe contains a zesty and refreshing source of digestive enzymes to boost your gut health.
4 recipes for a healthy and long life
Adopt a food-is-medicine approach and reap the benefits of an anti-inflammatory diet for a wholesome, healthy and long life.