Quinoa, Broccoli & Sweet Potato Salad
Adding the superfoods to your salad makes a huge difference to your nutritional intake. Foods like walnuts and cashews are packed with goodness and add great texture either as whole nuts or as a blended creamy dressing.
GF, V, VG
- 2 sweet potatoes, skin on, cut into 2cm pieces
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 head broccoli, broken into small florets & steamed then cooled under cold water
- 4 tbsp walnuts
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Juice 2 limes
- 4 cups baby rocket
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, sliced thinly on diagonal
- Cashew Sour Cream (makes 3 cups):
- 2 cups raw cashews
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- Cashew Mint Cream:
- 1 cup cashew sour cream (see recipe above)
- ½ bunch fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place sweet potato pieces in bowl with chilli flakes, ground coriander and cumin, a little salt and pepper, and toss well.
- Spread onto roasting pan lined with greaseproof paper and place in hot oven for 30 mins, or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, to make the cashew sour cream, add all ingredients to high-speed blender and purée until smooth, of same consistency as dairy sour cream. Store in airtight container in fridge until required — use within 7 days. Can be frozen if required.
- Then, to make cashew mint cream place mint and cashew sour cream in blender and blend until green.
- Once sweet potato is cooked, place it and all salad ingredients (except cashew mint cream) into large bowl and mix well. Spread out on serving platter.
- Drizzle salad with cashew mint cream and serve.
Miso Broccoli & Hot Smoked Salmon Salad Recipe
This miso broccoli and salmon salad is the perfect weekday lunch — it's simple yet fresh, packed with flavour and...
Jicama & Sweet Potato Salad
Jicama has a sweet and nutty flavour which goes perfectly with sweet potato in this potato salad. It’s worth taking...