Rainbow Dinner Recipe
This is my four-year-old son’s favourite dinner and mine, too, as it’s so little effort for such an enthusiastic response. It has all the fun colours of the rainbow, plus it’s dinner and dessert in one. Every once in a while, platter-style dinners are great for adults, too.
Serves: 1 child
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 50g chicken breast, diced
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- Small handful frozen corn
- Small handful frozen peas
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- Small handful red capsicum, diced
- Small handful carrot, sliced
- Small handful rockmelon, diced
- Small handful cooked green pasta
- Small handful purple cabbage, shredded
- Small handful blueberries
- First, cook chicken in a little olive oil. Sprinkle with turmeric and mix to combine. Set aside to cool. Boil peas and corn until tender. Drain.
- Next, arrange layers on plate. Start with red layer of tomatoes and capsicum, then orange with carrots and rockmelon, then yellow with chicken and corn, then green with pasta and peas, then purple cabbage, then blueberries. Serve.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Pulled Jackfruit Sliders with Coleslaw and Chipotle Mayonnaise Recipe
Jackfruit is health and delicious. It's chewy, meaty, texture offers so many more healthy benefits for you and the planet.
Healthy, gluten-free Vietnamese-Inspired Jackfruit Salad Recipe
Jackfruit is a lovely light alternative to prawns or tofu, which might be traditionally used in a salad like this.
Sponsor Recipes: Procal
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Procal.
Green Jackfruit Curry Recipe
Jackfruit makes a good vegetarian meat substitute in curries as it has a meat-like texture when cooked. Try it out...