Rainbow Dinner Recipe
This is my four-year-old son’s favourite dinner and mine, too, as it’s so little effort for such an enthusiastic response. It has all the fun colours of the rainbow, plus it’s dinner and dessert in one. Every once in a while, platter-style dinners are great for adults, too.
Serves: 1 child
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 50g chicken breast, diced
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- Small handful frozen corn
- Small handful frozen peas
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- Small handful red capsicum, diced
- Small handful carrot, sliced
- Small handful rockmelon, diced
- Small handful cooked green pasta
- Small handful purple cabbage, shredded
- Small handful blueberries
- First, cook chicken in a little olive oil. Sprinkle with turmeric and mix to combine. Set aside to cool. Boil peas and corn until tender. Drain.
- Next, arrange layers on plate. Start with red layer of tomatoes and capsicum, then orange with carrots and rockmelon, then yellow with chicken and corn, then green with pasta and peas, then purple cabbage, then blueberries. Serve.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Chocolate Banana Bread Sandwich Recipe
This banana bread is a delicious, nourishing, gluten-free option that stands very nicely on its own or made into a...
Zucchini Chips Recipe
Who says chips can’t be healthy? Think outside the potato square and make yourself a crunchy snack that’s also a...
Ricotta, Pesto and Roasted Tomato on Bruschetta Recipe
Tomatoes can help to dampen inflammation in the body. Enjoy this lovely take on bruschetta.
Thai Chicken Balls Recipe
These tasty chicken balls are the perfect finger food to serve at parties. Why not give them a test run...