Rainbow Dinner Recipe
This is my four-year-old son’s favourite dinner and mine, too, as it’s so little effort for such an enthusiastic response. It has all the fun colours of the rainbow, plus it’s dinner and dessert in one. Every once in a while, platter-style dinners are great for adults, too.
Serves: 1 child
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 50g chicken breast, diced
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- Small handful frozen corn
- Small handful frozen peas
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- Small handful red capsicum, diced
- Small handful carrot, sliced
- Small handful rockmelon, diced
- Small handful cooked green pasta
- Small handful purple cabbage, shredded
- Small handful blueberries
- First, cook chicken in a little olive oil. Sprinkle with turmeric and mix to combine. Set aside to cool. Boil peas and corn until tender. Drain.
- Next, arrange layers on plate. Start with red layer of tomatoes and capsicum, then orange with carrots and rockmelon, then yellow with chicken and corn, then green with pasta and peas, then purple cabbage, then blueberries. Serve.
4 vegan treats the whole family will love
Made using Ulu Hye creamy plant-based alternatives, these vegan treats are set to become your go-to for family gatherings —...
Get to know David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl from Green Kitchen Stories
David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl are the Scandinavian duo at the helm of Green Kitchen Stories. Their simple, healthy and...
Atkins Smooth Chocolate Ready to Drink
The perfect shake when watching your carb intake. Made with gluten-free ingredients and with less than one gram of sugar,...
Glow Teabag Tin - Byron Bay Tea Company
Beauty begins on the inside, which makes GLOW tea the perfect primer.