Rainbow Dinner Recipe
This is my four-year-old son’s favourite dinner and mine, too, as it’s so little effort for such an enthusiastic response. It has all the fun colours of the rainbow, plus it’s dinner and dessert in one. Every once in a while, platter-style dinners are great for adults, too.
Serves: 1 child
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 50g chicken breast, diced
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- Small handful frozen corn
- Small handful frozen peas
- 2 cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- Small handful red capsicum, diced
- Small handful carrot, sliced
- Small handful rockmelon, diced
- Small handful cooked green pasta
- Small handful purple cabbage, shredded
- Small handful blueberries
- First, cook chicken in a little olive oil. Sprinkle with turmeric and mix to combine. Set aside to cool. Boil peas and corn until tender. Drain.
- Next, arrange layers on plate. Start with red layer of tomatoes and capsicum, then orange with carrots and rockmelon, then yellow with chicken and corn, then green with pasta and peas, then purple cabbage, then blueberries. Serve.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Sweet Spinach Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Green pancakes? This an example of how greens can be included in dishes where you may have thought this wasn’t...
White Chocolate, Ricotta and Cardamom Cheesecake Recipe
In this recipe, we've used Greek yoghurt instead of quark and paired it with ricotta to get a lighter, fresher-tasting...
Smoked Kransky and Sweet Potato Stew with Red Sauerkraut Recipe
In this dish, be sure to buy the best-quality kransky sausages you can find at a reputable butcher or deli...
German Cucumber Salad with Eggs Recipe
The most popular form of German cucumber salad is soaked in sour cream, but we prefer this vinaigrette version —...