Raw Chocolate and Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
This gorgeous dessert is jam-packed with goodness, providing calcium and magnesium, which are vital for maintaining bone health and preventing osteoporosis.
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1½ cup cashews, soaked overnight or for 4 hours then drained
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tbsp coconut milk
- 9 medjool dates, pitted, soaked & drained
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate
- Roughly chopped almonds, for topping
- Place base ingredients in blender or food processor and pulse to dough-like consistency.
- Line round cake tin with baking paper. Press mixture into cake tin evenly and place in freezer.
- Add filling ingredients to blender or food processor and blend to smooth consistency. Pour over base and return to freezer.
- Add caramel ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until well combined. Pour over cashew nut filling. Place in freezer for 2 hours until set.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over cake and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Tip: Pour melted chocolate into a small zip-lock bag and cut a small piece off one end. This makes for easy decorating.
A Q&A with Heidi Peuten and Vasia Vogias, the co-founders of Ulu Hye
We speak to Heidi Peuten and Vasia Vogias, co-founders of Ulu Hye, a brand offering non-dairy mylk bases — with...
Mini Lime Tarts Recipe
Lime can boost your overall complexion and immunity, and help cleanse the body. Enjoy our Mini Lime Tarts recipe!
No-Bake Blackberry and Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
Did you know blackberries are a fabulous source of antioxidants and vitamin C, which are needed to boost immune health?...