Raw Chocolate and Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
This gorgeous dessert is jam-packed with goodness, providing calcium and magnesium, which are vital for maintaining bone health and preventing osteoporosis.
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1½ cup cashews, soaked overnight or for 4 hours then drained
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tbsp coconut milk
- 9 medjool dates, pitted, soaked & drained
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate
- Roughly chopped almonds, for topping
- Place base ingredients in blender or food processor and pulse to dough-like consistency.
- Line round cake tin with baking paper. Press mixture into cake tin evenly and place in freezer.
- Add filling ingredients to blender or food processor and blend to smooth consistency. Pour over base and return to freezer.
- Add caramel ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until well combined. Pour over cashew nut filling. Place in freezer for 2 hours until set.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over cake and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Tip: Pour melted chocolate into a small zip-lock bag and cut a small piece off one end. This makes for easy decorating.
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Tips and recipes to help balance your nervous system
There is a direct and proven link between the food you eat and the health of your nervous system and...
Barley, White Bean and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
This is a gorgeous, hearty take on risotto using barley instead of rice, which delivers a lovely chewy, nutty flavour...
Pumpkin, Basil and Buckwheat Risotto Recipe
The traditional rice-based risotto has been given a wholesome twist in this recipe. The buckwheat gives a divine nuttiness to...