Raw Chocolate and Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
This gorgeous dessert is jam-packed with goodness, providing calcium and magnesium, which are vital for maintaining bone health and preventing osteoporosis.
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 7 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1½ cup cashews, soaked overnight or for 4 hours then drained
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tbsp coconut milk
- 9 medjool dates, pitted, soaked & drained
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate
- Roughly chopped almonds, for topping
- Place base ingredients in blender or food processor and pulse to dough-like consistency.
- Line round cake tin with baking paper. Press mixture into cake tin evenly and place in freezer.
- Add filling ingredients to blender or food processor and blend to smooth consistency. Pour over base and return to freezer.
- Add caramel ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until well combined. Pour over cashew nut filling. Place in freezer for 2 hours until set.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over cake and sprinkle with chopped almonds.
- Tip: Pour melted chocolate into a small zip-lock bag and cut a small piece off one end. This makes for easy decorating.
A Q&A with Emily Macgregor, naturopath for Henry Blooms
Emily Macgregor is a naturopath for Henry Blooms and here she shares with us the natural health food company’s humble...
Mauritian Chicken Fricassee Recipe
This Mauritian fricassee is mild, not spicy, and still totally delicious! Try our Mauritian Chicken Fricassee recipe today.
Baked Brown Rice Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Did you know mushrooms are a great source of potassium, which is an important mineral for helping lower blood pressure...
Toasted Greens, Pomegranate and Cauliflower Rice Salad Recipe
This Middle Eastern-inspired salad is a healthy take on the classic tabouleh. Try our Toasted green, pomegranate and cauliflower...