Red Lentil Dahl with Brown Rice, Lime Pickle & Mango Chutney
Red lentils are a great source of low-fat, plant-based protein and contain a wealth of B vitamins, many essential minerals and fibre. With all of these benefits, this fast and nutritious meal is a winner in our books.
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2–3 bay leaves, to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- 2 cups red lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Juice 1 lemon
- Salt, to taste
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup lime pickle
- ½ cup mango chutney
- Heat frying pan, add onion and garlic and sauté for 1 min.
- Add spices, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, tomatoes, lentils and water.
- Bring to boil and simmer covered for 15 mins, stirring regularly.
- Add garam masala and lemon juice and season with salt to taste.
- Top with chopped coriander and serve with brown rice, lime pickle and mango chutney.
Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu vegan benedict will absolutely wow you in the...
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...
Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil — Niulife
Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our single-origin wild-harvested Extra Virgin Coconut Oil provides a new...