Roast Jicama Fries
Jicama is a fantastic alternative to potato if you follow a low-carb or keto lifestyle. It has a sweet nutty flavour and can be eaten raw or cooked. Like potatoes, jicama is a rich source of vitamin C, as well as inulin which is great for gut health. Serve this with creamy coriander dipping sauce below.
- 2 whole jicamas
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Peel jicama, making sure to remove all skin, wash well and slice into chip-sized pieces.
- Place in bowl with olive oil, sea salt, smoked paprika, cumin and turmeric.
- Toss until chips are coated well and scatter onto roasting pan.
- Bake for 45 mins until golden brown and cooked through.
Creamy Coriander Dipping Sauce
This is a delicious sauce. It goes perfectly with the roast jicama fries.
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, washed well
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup cashew cheese, plain flavour
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth paste forms.
- Keep chilled in fridge until just before serving.
Crispy Chickpea Kale Salad Recipe
This leafy kale salad is a great plant-based source of iron, packed with plenty of antioxidants and added crunch to...
Quick kitchen: Vegan Lentil Moussaka
If you’re looking for a recipe that brings both comfort and nourishment in the same mouthful, my vegan lentil moussaka...
Tempeh Snow Pea & King Oyster Mushroom Stir-Fry
When you come home from work hungry and tired, the last thing you want to do is cook an elaborate...
Red Lentil Dahl with Brown Rice, Lime Pickle & Mango Chutney
Red lentils are a great source of low-fat, plant-based protein and contain a wealth of B vitamins, many essential minerals...