Roast Jicama Fries
Jicama is a fantastic alternative to potato if you follow a low-carb or keto lifestyle. It has a sweet nutty flavour and can be eaten raw or cooked. Like potatoes, jicama is a rich source of vitamin C, as well as inulin which is great for gut health. Serve this with creamy coriander dipping sauce below.
- 2 whole jicamas
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Peel jicama, making sure to remove all skin, wash well and slice into chip-sized pieces.
- Place in bowl with olive oil, sea salt, smoked paprika, cumin and turmeric.
- Toss until chips are coated well and scatter onto roasting pan.
- Bake for 45 mins until golden brown and cooked through.
Creamy Coriander Dipping Sauce
This is a delicious sauce. It goes perfectly with the roast jicama fries.
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, washed well
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup cashew cheese, plain flavour
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth paste forms.
- Keep chilled in fridge until just before serving.
Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu vegan benedict will absolutely wow you in the...
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...
Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil — Niulife
Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our single-origin wild-harvested Extra Virgin Coconut Oil provides a new...