Smoked Salmon Crepe Sushi Recipe
This slightly weird French/Japanese fusion dish came to me in a daydream. The biggest piece of advice I have for making this is to adhere to the step that says completely chill the crepes after cooking. If they’re warm, the cream cheese will melt and spread all over the place.
Makes: 48 pieces
- 150g plain flour
- 250mL milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- Pinch salt
- Oil, for pan frying
- 250g cream cheese
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 500g smoked salmon
- 6 nori sheets (roasted seaweed)
- Pickled ginger, to serve
- First, make crepes. Place flour, milk, eggs and salt in large bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside for 30 mins at room temperature.
- Heat 20cm frying pan and brush with a little oil. Ladle in some crepe batter and swirl pan so it just coats bottom in thin, even layer. When small bubbles appear, about 30 secs, flip and cook for further 20 secs. Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining batter to make 6 crepes. Chill in fridge until completely cold (this step is important).
- Meanwhile, make filling. Place cream cheese, wasabi paste, soy sauce and sesame seeds in bowl and beat until well combined. Chill until crepes are ready.
- To assemble, place crepe on plate and spread evenly with cream cheese mixture. Top with slices of smoked salmon and finally sheet of nori. Carefully and firmly roll up and slice into 8 neat rounds (the messy end bits are the cook’s secret to devour!).
- Repeat with all crepes, cream cheese, salmon and nori.
- Serve with pickled ginger and extra soy and wasabi, if you like.
Chicken, Thyme, Vegetable Sausage Rolls
These sausage rolls are simple to make and are sure to become a kid’s party favourite. They make a great...
Lamb, Mint & Raisin Meatballs
These are a great snack at a kids’ party, especially if you also have adults attending. They are tastier than...
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free....
Chocolate Cherry Bites Recipe
These healthy chocolatey, cherry and coconutty raw, refined sugar-, gluten- and dairy-free treats are perfect bite-sized snacking.