Spiced Beef Curry Recipe
When making this deliciously spiced curry, take advantage of the cheaper cuts of beef like chuck, stewing steak or oyster blade. Simply ask your butcher which cuts are best at the time.
- 500g chuck or stewing steak, cubed
- Sea salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp lime pickle
- Handful fresh coriander
- Preheat oven 140°C.
- Season beef with sea salt and pepper and brown in 1 tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
- Add another tbsp olive oil to pot and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add spices and sauté for a couple of minutes over low heat. Return beef to pot and fry, stirring for 5 mins. Add water and stir to combine.
- Cover and place in oven for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven, stir through lime pickle.
- Divide between bowls, garnish with fresh coriander, and enjoy.
- Tip: This curry freezes exceptionally well.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Grilled Eggplant with Spiced Tomato and Yoghurt Recipe
This Grilled Eggplant with Spiced Tomato and Yoghurt is a very simple dish that works beautifully on its own, as...
Fishcakes with Avocado and Yoghurt Sauce Recipe
Choose a mild white fish for a milder flavour, something like mackerel for a stronger flavour or even a combination...
Turkish Eggs with Cauliflower, Sumac and Lemon Yoghurt Recipe
These Turkish Eggs with Cauliflower, Sumac and Lemon Yoghurt make a wonderfully sustaining meal full of protein, healthy fats and...
Oven-Baked Pea Falafels with Yoghurt and Tahini Sauce Recipe
These gluten-free and delicious Oven-Baked Pea Falafels are a healthy alternative to traditional deep-fried varieties. The kids will love them!