Spiced Beef Curry Recipe
When making this deliciously spiced curry, take advantage of the cheaper cuts of beef like chuck, stewing steak or oyster blade. Simply ask your butcher which cuts are best at the time.
- 500g chuck or stewing steak, cubed
- Sea salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp lime pickle
- Handful fresh coriander
- Preheat oven 140°C.
- Season beef with sea salt and pepper and brown in 1 tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
- Add another tbsp olive oil to pot and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add spices and sauté for a couple of minutes over low heat. Return beef to pot and fry, stirring for 5 mins. Add water and stir to combine.
- Cover and place in oven for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven, stir through lime pickle.
- Divide between bowls, garnish with fresh coriander, and enjoy.
- Tip: This curry freezes exceptionally well.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Gluten-Free Strawberry Strudel Recipe
This is a healthy gluten-free version of a traditional German strudel. If you can, make your own healthy pastry instead...
Lemon and Berry Pancakes Recipe
These Gluten-free Healthy Lemon and Berry Pancakes remind use of a lemon and berry cheesecake. They taste so good!
Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
These thin Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes are worth the little bit of extra time they take to make. Plus, the...
Smoked Kransky and Sweet Potato Stew with Red Sauerkraut Recipe
In this dish, be sure to buy the best-quality kransky sausages you can find at a reputable butcher or deli...