Spiced Beef Curry Recipe
When making this deliciously spiced curry, take advantage of the cheaper cuts of beef like chuck, stewing steak or oyster blade. Simply ask your butcher which cuts are best at the time.
- 500g chuck or stewing steak, cubed
- Sea salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp lime pickle
- Handful fresh coriander
- Preheat oven 140°C.
- Season beef with sea salt and pepper and brown in 1 tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
- Add another tbsp olive oil to pot and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add spices and sauté for a couple of minutes over low heat. Return beef to pot and fry, stirring for 5 mins. Add water and stir to combine.
- Cover and place in oven for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven, stir through lime pickle.
- Divide between bowls, garnish with fresh coriander, and enjoy.
- Tip: This curry freezes exceptionally well.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Matcha Panna Cotta with Raspberry Ice Recipe
A beautiful, delicious and nourishing dessert, this Matcha Panna Cotta is really easy to make and a dessert you’ll love...
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...