Spiced Beef Curry Recipe
When making this deliciously spiced curry, take advantage of the cheaper cuts of beef like chuck, stewing steak or oyster blade. Simply ask your butcher which cuts are best at the time.
- 500g chuck or stewing steak, cubed
- Sea salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp lime pickle
- Handful fresh coriander
- Preheat oven 140°C.
- Season beef with sea salt and pepper and brown in 1 tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
- Add another tbsp olive oil to pot and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add spices and sauté for a couple of minutes over low heat. Return beef to pot and fry, stirring for 5 mins. Add water and stir to combine.
- Cover and place in oven for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven, stir through lime pickle.
- Divide between bowls, garnish with fresh coriander, and enjoy.
- Tip: This curry freezes exceptionally well.
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Indian-Spiced Mince with Peas Recipe
Dinner doesn’t get any more budget friendly, easier or tastier than this Indian Spiced Mince with Peas. It’s one of...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...