Spiced Beef Curry Recipe
When making this deliciously spiced curry, take advantage of the cheaper cuts of beef like chuck, stewing steak or oyster blade. Simply ask your butcher which cuts are best at the time.
- 500g chuck or stewing steak, cubed
- Sea salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm piece ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp lime pickle
- Handful fresh coriander
- Preheat oven 140°C.
- Season beef with sea salt and pepper and brown in 1 tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
- Add another tbsp olive oil to pot and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add spices and sauté for a couple of minutes over low heat. Return beef to pot and fry, stirring for 5 mins. Add water and stir to combine.
- Cover and place in oven for 3 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven, stir through lime pickle.
- Divide between bowls, garnish with fresh coriander, and enjoy.
- Tip: This curry freezes exceptionally well.
Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
Looking for a snack that is nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too? Try our delicious Healthy Seed...
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...