Sponsor Recipes: Hakubaku Organic Products
See the recipes below for some of the delicious creations you can make with Hakubaku Organic Products.
Honey-Roasted Pork with Ramen Noodles
- 400g pork fillets
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp five-spice powder
- 3 tsp honey
- 270g Hakubaku Organic Ramen Noodles
- 1L chicken stock
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 handful bok choy, chopped
- 12 pieces canned bamboo shoots, drained & chopped
- 1 handful coriander, leaves picked & chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place pork on roasting tray and coat with hoisin sauce and five-spice powder. Roast for approx. 25 mins.
- Pour over honey and roast further 5 mins. Rest for 5 mins and slice thinly.
- Cook Hakubaku Organic Ramen Noodles in rapid boiling water for 4 mins (salt or oil not needed). Drain and divide between 4 serving bowls.
- Heat chicken stock to simmer. Add spring onions and bok choy.
- Ladle stock and vegetables over noodles. Top with bamboo shoots and coriander.
- Place honey-roasted pork on top and serve.
Teriyaki Steak, Enoki Mushrooms, Spinach & Udon Noodles
- 500g rump steak, fat removed
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 270g Hakubaku Organic Udon Noodles
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 30g baby spinach leaves
- 100g enoki mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced diagonally, to garnish
- Place steak and 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce in bowl. Toss to coat and allow to stand at room temperature for 5 mins.
- Heat lightly oiled frypan over high heat. Add steak and cook to your liking (for medium rare, 2–3 mins on each side) Remove from heat and place on plate. Loosely cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 mins.
- Cook Hakubaku Organic Udon Noodles in rapid boiling water for 10 mins (salt or oil not needed). Drain, then rinse well with cold water.
- In udon cooking pan, place remaining teriyaki sauce and 2 cups water. Bring to boil then remove from heat. Stir in sesame oil and udon noodles. Remove noodles and divide between 4 serving bowls.
- Slice steak thinly, place on top of noodles along with baby spinach leaves. Dip enoki mushrooms in soup then place alongside steak and baby spinach.
- Ladle soup on top and garnish with spring onion.
Seared Tuna on Soba Noodles
- 360g Hakubaku Organic Soba Noodles
- ¼ cup tamari
- ¼ cup mirin
- 500g tuna steak, cut into 5cm × 7cm chunks
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 50g baby spinach
- 1 bunch broccolini, blanched & refreshed in cold water
- Cook Hakubaku Organic Soba in rapid boiling water for 4 mins (salt or oil not needed). Drain, rinse in cold water then drain again.
- Combine soy and mirin in bowl. Toss through noodles.
- Brush tuna with oil, then season. Heat large non-stick frypan over high heat. Cook tuna for 20–30 secs each side until lightly coloured but still completely rare inside. Remove from pan and cut into 55mm-thick slices.
- Divide noodles among plates, top with spinach, broccolini and tuna.
Sponsor Recipes: Bake Mixes
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with Bake Mixes.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
If you’re not normally a lover of Brussels sprouts, this dish is sure to turn you into a fan! The...
Sponsor Recipes: Golden Door
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with McKenzie’s.
Sponsor Recipes: Tilda Products
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with Tilda Products.