Strawberry, Apple and Rhubarb Crumble Cake Recipe
This delicious crumble cake makes a perfect afternoon tea treat or dessert served warm with homemade custard. Rhubarb is a great source of dietary fibre and has a natural laxative effect so it is beneficial for digestive health and to improve bowel regularity and bloating. Rhubarb also contains calcium and vitamin K, which are both important for bone health.
- 1½ cups halved strawberries
1½ cup rhubarb, trimmed & cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tbsp water
2 tbsp raw honey
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2½ cups almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 organic eggs
¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1½ cup grated apples (around 2 apples)
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 15cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Cook filling ingredients in small saucepan, covered, for 4–5 mins, until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Place all cake ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour cake mixture into cake tin. Strain strawberry and rhubarb filling mix and spread over cake.
- Combine all topping ingredients in medium bowl and mix together with hands to reach crumble consistency.
- Cover rhubarb and strawberry mix with topping.
- Bake for 45 mins. Allow to cool in tin before removing.
- Delicious on its own or served warm with homemade custard, coconut yoghurt or fresh cream.
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...