Strawberry, Apple and Rhubarb Crumble Cake Recipe
This delicious crumble cake makes a perfect afternoon tea treat or dessert served warm with homemade custard. Rhubarb is a great source of dietary fibre and has a natural laxative effect so it is beneficial for digestive health and to improve bowel regularity and bloating. Rhubarb also contains calcium and vitamin K, which are both important for bone health.
- 1½ cups halved strawberries
1½ cup rhubarb, trimmed & cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tbsp water
2 tbsp raw honey
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 2½ cups almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 organic eggs
¼ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or paste
- 1½ cup grated apples (around 2 apples)
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 15cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Cook filling ingredients in small saucepan, covered, for 4–5 mins, until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Place all cake ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined.
- Pour cake mixture into cake tin. Strain strawberry and rhubarb filling mix and spread over cake.
- Combine all topping ingredients in medium bowl and mix together with hands to reach crumble consistency.
- Cover rhubarb and strawberry mix with topping.
- Bake for 45 mins. Allow to cool in tin before removing.
- Delicious on its own or served warm with homemade custard, coconut yoghurt or fresh cream.
Andi-Co Falcon share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork
Our sponsors Andi-Co Falcon share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork. Yum!
Christmas Chocolate Almond and Pistachio Cookies Recipe
Pistachios are laden with antioxidants, including lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E, which makes them a healthy choice for looking after...
Strawberry & Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe
This is a really fun and simple recipe that kids can help you prepare at Christmas time.
Mango Passionfruit Chia Pudding Recipe
Fruity chia puddings are great for a refreshing everyday dessert or at a dinner party, dressed up in a fancy...