Strawberry and Chia Roll-up Recipe
These are a great way to get kids eating more natural fruit. Don’t be scared to play around with different flavour and fruit combinations. You can even use frozen fruit. Once you’ve chosen your fruit or, combine them with omega-3 rich chia seeds.
- 500g strawberries, hulled & halved
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp rice-malt syrup or stevia powder, to taste
- Other Great Combinations
- Raspberry & mango
- Apple & sweet potato
- Peach & banana
- Strawberry & basil
- Raspberry & vanilla
- Apricot, cinnamon & turmeric
- Preheat oven to 65°C or its lowest temperature and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse for about 30 secs, until puréed. Pour onto baking trays and spread out evenly with spatula.
- Dry in oven for at least 3 hrs, until mixture is no longer sticky, and consistency is leathery but not crisp (see tip below).
- Cool to room temperature, then either slowly peel fruit off baking paper or use sharp knife or pair of scissors to cut into portions with paper still on to stop them sticking. Store in airtight container in fridge for 3–4 days. When ready to use, roll up portions and secure with string.
- Tips: To test whether your fruit roll-up is ready, pick at a corner and start to peel it slowly off the paper. If it pulls apart or seems sticky or damp, it needs to go back in the oven. To make the other flavour combinations, replace the strawberries with the same volume of the suggested ingredients, and combine with the chia seeds and rice-malt syrup in the same way.
Christmas Chocolate Almond and Pistachio Cookies Recipe
Pistachios are laden with antioxidants, including lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E, which makes them a healthy choice for looking after...
Strawberry & Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe
This is a really fun and simple recipe that kids can help you prepare at Christmas time.
Mango Passionfruit Chia Pudding Recipe
Fruity chia puddings are great for a refreshing everyday dessert or at a dinner party, dressed up in a fancy...
Peach & Strawberry Yoghurt Iceblocks Recipe
Yoghurt gives these iceblocks a boost in probiotics which are an important part of the diet as they promote good...