The Bare Bird Chicken share their Southern Fried Tenders with Gochujang Hot Mayo Dipping Sauce recipe and more
The Bare Bird chicken products are 100 per cent antibiotic-free, accredited free-range and raised on a plant-based diet containing no animal by-products, antibiotics, hormones or steroids. The Bare Bird creator, John Hazeldene, says his family has always been at the forefront of setting high standards in poultry. “We believe a move to producing food without antibiotics is the right thing to do.”
Southern Fried Tenders with Gochujang Hot Mayo Dipping Sauce
- 600mL buttermilk
- 3 tbsp salt
- 12 The Bare Bird tenderloins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 heaped cups flour
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds (from an Asian grocer)
- Oil, for frying
- 5 stems spring onion, cut into thumb sized lengths
- 2 tbsp honey
- Hot Mayo Dipping Sauce
- 1 small bottle (300g) Kewpie mayo
- 80g Gochujang (Korean) hot sauce (or more to taste) + 1 tsp sesame oil
- Mix buttermilk and salt together to make a brine. Place tenderloins in brine and soak for 30-60 mins.
- Add beaten egg to buttermilk and chicken mixture.
- Mix together flours, baking powder, spices, herbs and sesame seeds.
- Lift tenderloins out of buttermilk one at a time and place in flour mixture. Press flour mixture hard onto tenderloins.
- Heat oil in saucepan or frying pan with high sides. Shallow-fry tenderloins, turning once or twice until golden. Remove from oil and place in serving bowl on top of spring onions. While tenderloins are still hot, drizzle with honey and toss gently.
- Mix dipping sauce ingredients together in bowl and serve with chicken.
Chicken and Pineapple Sambal Salad
- 2 The Bare Bird chicken breasts
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 160g rocket leaves
- ½ fresh pineapple, sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ½ cup dried shallots
- 3 bird’s-eye chillies
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2cm knob fresh ginger
- 3 tsp brown sugar + ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water + ½ tsp sea salt
- Juice 2 limes + Zest 1 lime
- Combine chicken breast, sea salt, ground pepper and peanut oil in bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- While chicken is marinating, place dressing ingredients into small food processor bowl and pulse until emulsified. Set aside until ready to use.
- To cook chicken, preheat heavy-based frying pan to medium–high heat. Add chicken and cook, flipping until cooked through, about 5-6 mins on each side. Set aside to cool and then slice into even portions.
- Arrange salad on large serving plate by adding rocket followed by sliced pineapple, chicken and cherry tomatoes and mint. Drizzle dressing on top and then add dried shallots.
- Serve immediately.
Open Chicken Sandwich
- 2 The Bare Bird chicken breasts
- 50mL olive oil
- 300g good-quality egg mayonnaise
- 40g chopped celery
- 40g diced apple
- 40g diced cucumber
- 40g red capsicum, finely diced
- 40g green capsicum, finely diced
- 40g spring onions
- 20g Sriracha sauce (more if you like it spicy)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 slices thickly cut farmhouse bread
- 1 cos lettuce, halved & leaves separated
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ bunch chives
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- Pan-fry whole chicken breast in olive oil until cooked through. Allow to cool, then slice finely.
- Mix mayonnaise, celery, apple, cucumber, capsicums, spring onions and Sriracha sauce together thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mayonnaise onto bread slices, top with chicken, cos lettuce, cucumber, tomato, whole chives, basil leaves, and any other herbs to taste. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
Eat Well with Emma: Pana Organic Pancakes
We celebrate all things pancakes and chocolate with the stunning organic range from Pana. Enjoy this delicious recipe with...
That’s Amore Cheese share three delicious and healthy recipes like Buffalo Mozzarella, Beans and Tomato Bruschetta
That’s Amore Cheese share three delicious recipes the whole family will love such as their Buffalo Mozzarella, Beans & Tomato...
Table of Plenty share their Kefir No-Knead Chia Bread and other delicious recipes
Table of Plenty’s new range of Kefir is a delicious source of probiotics with 45 billion+ live cultures in every...