Toasted Seaweed Chips Recipe
These Toasted Seaweed Chips make a very nourishing savoury snack that my whole family loves. Stopping at one is virtually impossible! They’re a light but super-delicious snack.
- 1 tbsp tamari or aminos (liquid coconut)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Yaki nori sheets (for sushi)*
- Optional toppings such as sesame seeds & nutritional yeast
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 150ºC.
- Mix together tamari and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Brush shiny side of nori sheet with oil/tamari mix (right to edges), sprinkle with optional toppings and place another sheet, rough side down, on top. Repeat with 2–3 more sheets (to make stack of 3–4 sheets).
- Place on baking tray lined with baking paper and place another piece of baking paper on top. Weigh it down with another baking tray (filled with pastry weights). You don’t have to weigh it down; it just stops the sheets curling (but doesn’t affect the taste).
- Bake for 10–15 mins until crisp at edges.
- Cut with large sharp knife (you can pry into single sheets or leave as stack) and enjoy immediately or store in small airtight container.
- These are very sensitive to humidity, so if storing them, always add moisture absorber from packet of nori to container or they will lose crispiness.
- *Available in Asian food section of the supermarkets or health-food stores.
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Emma Dean's Plant-Based Pancakes with Hazelnut & Chocolate Sauce
Need a little indulgence? Try Emma Dean's Pana Organic Pancakes, topped with Pana Chocolate and warm Hazelnut & Chocolate spread....
Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you...
Chunky Almond Granola
This chunky almond granola is jam-packed with dietary fibre to help lower cholesterol levels, along with B vitamins and slow-release...