Toasted Seaweed Chips Recipe
These Toasted Seaweed Chips make a very nourishing savoury snack that my whole family loves. Stopping at one is virtually impossible! They’re a light but super-delicious snack.
- 1 tbsp tamari or aminos (liquid coconut)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Yaki nori sheets (for sushi)*
- Optional toppings such as sesame seeds & nutritional yeast
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 150ºC.
- Mix together tamari and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Brush shiny side of nori sheet with oil/tamari mix (right to edges), sprinkle with optional toppings and place another sheet, rough side down, on top. Repeat with 2–3 more sheets (to make stack of 3–4 sheets).
- Place on baking tray lined with baking paper and place another piece of baking paper on top. Weigh it down with another baking tray (filled with pastry weights). You don’t have to weigh it down; it just stops the sheets curling (but doesn’t affect the taste).
- Bake for 10–15 mins until crisp at edges.
- Cut with large sharp knife (you can pry into single sheets or leave as stack) and enjoy immediately or store in small airtight container.
- These are very sensitive to humidity, so if storing them, always add moisture absorber from packet of nori to container or they will lose crispiness.
- *Available in Asian food section of the supermarkets or health-food stores.
Mango and Coconut Ice Blocks Recipe
These delicious ice blocks make a healthy treat for the whole family. They are a nutritious alternative to sugar-laden store-bought...
Chocolate, Avocado and Berry Cake Recipe
This delicious cake caters to many intolerances as it’s dairy-, egg- and gluten-free and vegan. It gets a lovely richness...
Coconut and Tapioca Pudding with Pineapple Flowers Recipe
Traditionally, tapioca pudding in Sri Lanka is made with condensed milk and quite a lot of sugar. This is my...
Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
The cauliflower lends a gorgeous nutty flavour and, garnished with some extra roasted chickpeas and veg, the texture is equally...