Tuna and Sauerkraut Nourish Bowl Recipe
My favourite lunches are bits-and-bobs bowls where you clear out the fridge of anything that’s about to turn. Here, I’ve used two different types of sauerkraut as we are lucky in the Byron region to have lots of local companies making wonderful versions. You can make this vegetarian by leaving out the tuna and using boiled eggs instead.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 2 × 185g tins sustainable tuna in olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Kewpie mayonnaise & sriracha chilli sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place diced sweet potato on baking tray and drizzle over olive oil. Mix well then season with salt and pepper and bake for 15 mins until soft and golden. Leave to come to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, arrange baby spinach leaves in serving bowls and top with grated carrot, tomato wedges, sauerkraut, sweet potato and tuna. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and drizzle with mayonnaise and chilli sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Vegan Bento Bowl Recipe
This vegan bento bowl will make you feel a sense of Zen as you enjoy an organised meal full of...
The Perfect Breakfast Board Recipe
Give sugary, boxed breakfast cereals a miss and opt for this nutrient-dense gluten-free breakfast bored to power you from sunrise...
Lentil Savoury Mince Recipe
This vegan mince can be used in an abundance of ways and is a yummy simple way to keep your...
Jamaican Lamb Curry Recipe
This easy-to-make lamb curry packs some of the most delicious flavours of Jamaican cooking into one hearty meal best served...