Tuna and Sauerkraut Nourish Bowl Recipe
My favourite lunches are bits-and-bobs bowls where you clear out the fridge of anything that’s about to turn. Here, I’ve used two different types of sauerkraut as we are lucky in the Byron region to have lots of local companies making wonderful versions. You can make this vegetarian by leaving out the tuna and using boiled eggs instead.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 2 × 185g tins sustainable tuna in olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Kewpie mayonnaise & sriracha chilli sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place diced sweet potato on baking tray and drizzle over olive oil. Mix well then season with salt and pepper and bake for 15 mins until soft and golden. Leave to come to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, arrange baby spinach leaves in serving bowls and top with grated carrot, tomato wedges, sauerkraut, sweet potato and tuna. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and drizzle with mayonnaise and chilli sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Did you know that Mauritian food is derived from so many other cultures including France, Africa, India and China? There...
Mauritian Tamarind & Apple Chutney
Tamarind is a tropical tree that produces pods with juicy sweet-sour tasting fruit. Tamarind contains beneficial polyphenols that have an...
Mauritian Fish Rougaille
Try this delicious Mauritian-inspired fish dish at home. It's incredibly easy to whip together, and abundant in flavour with the...
Mushroom, Tomato, Avocado & Greens on Sourdough Toast
You can still enjoy a big Sunday brekkie on a whole-food plant-based diet. It’s delicious, nutritious and will make you...