Tuna and Sauerkraut Nourish Bowl Recipe
My favourite lunches are bits-and-bobs bowls where you clear out the fridge of anything that’s about to turn. Here, I’ve used two different types of sauerkraut as we are lucky in the Byron region to have lots of local companies making wonderful versions. You can make this vegetarian by leaving out the tuna and using boiled eggs instead.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 carrot, peeled & grated
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 2 × 185g tins sustainable tuna in olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Kewpie mayonnaise & sriracha chilli sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place diced sweet potato on baking tray and drizzle over olive oil. Mix well then season with salt and pepper and bake for 15 mins until soft and golden. Leave to come to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, arrange baby spinach leaves in serving bowls and top with grated carrot, tomato wedges, sauerkraut, sweet potato and tuna. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and drizzle with mayonnaise and chilli sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Smoked Salmon with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
This gluten-free zucchini pasta recipe is perfect for summer days when you're craving pasta without that heavy carb feeling.
Organic Chickpea Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
With an appetizing Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flair, Explore Cuisine’s Chickpea Fusilli is a healthy choice that will please the...
Organic Black Rice Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
The blended organic red, brown and black rice make this pasta truly exceptional and “one-of-a-kind”. The rice is cultivated in...
Organic Thai Red Rice Rigatoni — Explore Cuisine
Explore Cuisine’s Thai Red Rice Rigatoni is a healthy choice that will please the family and simplify your life. Cooks...