Turkish Eggs with Cauliflower, Sumac and Lemon Yoghurt Recipe
I love this recipe as it combines the most delicious flavours! It’s also wonderfully sustaining and full of protein, healthy fats and fibre. The cauliflower is a beautiful part of the meal flavour and texture wise, but if you have leftover vegies that need a home, you could certainly sub them in.
- 3–4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp ghee, butter or oil
- ½ small cauliflower, sliced into 1cm slices
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp sumac
- 400g tin tomatoes or passata
- ¼ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 2 eggs
- Lemon Yoghurt
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- Zest ½ lemon
- Good pinch sea salt
- ½ pomegranate, seeds
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Sauté spring onion in ghee/oil for 1 min then remove and set aside on plate.
- Over medium heat, add cauliflower slices to pan (it doesn’t matter if they are not perfect or break up a little). Cook for a few mins on each side, until some are golden in colour.
- Add paprika, cayenne and sumac to pan and cook for 1 min, until fragrant.
- Add tomato and sea salt and cook for another 5 mins.
- Make a couple of little gaps and crack an egg into each, cooking until eggs are to your liking.
- To make yoghurt, combine all ingredients, taste and add a little sea salt if needed.
- To serve, divide between two plates, topping with yoghurt, pomegranate, cucumber and spring onion, finishing with drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of sumac.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Buckwheat Kasha Recipe
Kasha is a traditional Russian dish that can be made from any kind of grain. In this recipe, I’ve used...
Buckwheat Blinis Recipe
Blinis are essentially a little pancake that can be served with a savoury or sweet topping. You will love these...
Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe
This Healthy Vegan and Gluten-Free Beetroot, Potato and Lentil Soup Recipe is very similar to a borscht soup, but with...
Salad of Zucchini, Sugar Snap Peas and Brown Lentils with Balsamic and Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe
This Salad of Zucchini, Peas and Lentils with Dijon Vinaigrette uses the beautiful ingredient red cabbage, a staple in the...