Turkish Eggs with Cauliflower, Sumac and Lemon Yoghurt Recipe
I love this recipe as it combines the most delicious flavours! It’s also wonderfully sustaining and full of protein, healthy fats and fibre. The cauliflower is a beautiful part of the meal flavour and texture wise, but if you have leftover vegies that need a home, you could certainly sub them in.
- 3–4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp ghee, butter or oil
- ½ small cauliflower, sliced into 1cm slices
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp sumac
- 400g tin tomatoes or passata
- ¼ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 2 eggs
- Lemon Yoghurt
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- Zest ½ lemon
- Good pinch sea salt
- ½ pomegranate, seeds
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Sauté spring onion in ghee/oil for 1 min then remove and set aside on plate.
- Over medium heat, add cauliflower slices to pan (it doesn’t matter if they are not perfect or break up a little). Cook for a few mins on each side, until some are golden in colour.
- Add paprika, cayenne and sumac to pan and cook for 1 min, until fragrant.
- Add tomato and sea salt and cook for another 5 mins.
- Make a couple of little gaps and crack an egg into each, cooking until eggs are to your liking.
- To make yoghurt, combine all ingredients, taste and add a little sea salt if needed.
- To serve, divide between two plates, topping with yoghurt, pomegranate, cucumber and spring onion, finishing with drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of sumac.
Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
Looking for a snack that is nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too? Try our delicious Healthy Seed...
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...