Turkish Eggs with Cauliflower, Sumac and Lemon Yoghurt Recipe
I love this recipe as it combines the most delicious flavours! It’s also wonderfully sustaining and full of protein, healthy fats and fibre. The cauliflower is a beautiful part of the meal flavour and texture wise, but if you have leftover vegies that need a home, you could certainly sub them in.
- 3–4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp ghee, butter or oil
- ½ small cauliflower, sliced into 1cm slices
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp sumac
- 400g tin tomatoes or passata
- ¼ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 2 eggs
- Lemon Yoghurt
- ½ cup plain yoghurt
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- Zest ½ lemon
- Good pinch sea salt
- ½ pomegranate, seeds
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Sauté spring onion in ghee/oil for 1 min then remove and set aside on plate.
- Over medium heat, add cauliflower slices to pan (it doesn’t matter if they are not perfect or break up a little). Cook for a few mins on each side, until some are golden in colour.
- Add paprika, cayenne and sumac to pan and cook for 1 min, until fragrant.
- Add tomato and sea salt and cook for another 5 mins.
- Make a couple of little gaps and crack an egg into each, cooking until eggs are to your liking.
- To make yoghurt, combine all ingredients, taste and add a little sea salt if needed.
- To serve, divide between two plates, topping with yoghurt, pomegranate, cucumber and spring onion, finishing with drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of sumac.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Matcha Panna Cotta with Raspberry Ice Recipe
A beautiful, delicious and nourishing dessert, this Matcha Panna Cotta is really easy to make and a dessert you’ll love...
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...