Two-minute Broccoli with Sesame and Fried Shallots Recipe
This is my favourite unconventional way to steam vegies. I use a frying pan with a lid and get perfect results every time. The fried shallots add a beautiful textural crunch and work well with other vegies, too, like asparagus or zucchini.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fried shallots (from Asian grocer or supermarket in jar or packet)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Use deep frying pan with well-fitting lid. Heat on high, then add broccoli florets and water. The water should sizzle on contact. Stir for 1 min, then cover with lid and cook for 30 secs to 1 min more, shaking pan often, until broccoli is bright green and water has evaporated.
- Add butter and stir to melt so it coats broccoli.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds and fried shallots.
- Scatter over lemon wedges and serve.
Get to know David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl from Green Kitchen Stories
David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl are the Scandinavian duo at the helm of Green Kitchen Stories. Their simple, healthy and...
Beetroot and Feta Croquette Appetiser Recipe
These simple beetroot and feta croquettes offer an easy, delicious and colourful appetiser to add to your entertaining menu.
Lemon Risotto Croquettes with Pesto Recipe
These delicious gluten-free croquettes are perfect served as an appetiser or as a vegetarian meal topped with marinara sauce, parmesan...
Coconut & Hemp Crumbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Pumped with plant protein and essential fats, these gluten-free crumbed Brussels sprouts are the ultimate vegan snack, side or lunch!