Two-minute Broccoli with Sesame and Fried Shallots Recipe
This is my favourite unconventional way to steam vegies. I use a frying pan with a lid and get perfect results every time. The fried shallots add a beautiful textural crunch and work well with other vegies, too, like asparagus or zucchini.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fried shallots (from Asian grocer or supermarket in jar or packet)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Use deep frying pan with well-fitting lid. Heat on high, then add broccoli florets and water. The water should sizzle on contact. Stir for 1 min, then cover with lid and cook for 30 secs to 1 min more, shaking pan often, until broccoli is bright green and water has evaporated.
- Add butter and stir to melt so it coats broccoli.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds and fried shallots.
- Scatter over lemon wedges and serve.
3 Gnocchi Recipes to Bring the Taste of Italy to Your Dinner Table
Made using Grand Italian's authentic pasta, these quick and easy gnocchi recipes are bursting with the flavours of Italy that...
High-Protein Bircher Bowl Recipe
This Bircher bowl is a delicious vegetarian breakfast you can make the night before, packed with flavour, texture and colour...
Mexican Corn Fritters & Avocado Salsa Recipe
These corn fritters are a fun and tasty twist on traditional corn fritters, packed full of colourful vegetables and served...
Corn, Kale & Mushroom Bake Recipe
Stacked with colour, flavour and texture, this humble vegetarian breakfast bake makes for a quick, healthy and tasty mid-week meal...