Two-minute Broccoli with Sesame and Fried Shallots Recipe
This is my favourite unconventional way to steam vegies. I use a frying pan with a lid and get perfect results every time. The fried shallots add a beautiful textural crunch and work well with other vegies, too, like asparagus or zucchini.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fried shallots (from Asian grocer or supermarket in jar or packet)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Use deep frying pan with well-fitting lid. Heat on high, then add broccoli florets and water. The water should sizzle on contact. Stir for 1 min, then cover with lid and cook for 30 secs to 1 min more, shaking pan often, until broccoli is bright green and water has evaporated.
- Add butter and stir to melt so it coats broccoli.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds and fried shallots.
- Scatter over lemon wedges and serve.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Rosemary Flaxseed Crackers Recipe
These gluten-free crackers make an ideal snack with dips and cheeses. Need a picnic idea?
Indian Spiced Cauliflower Recipe
This delicious and healthy dish is especially lovely served with basmati rice cooked in coconut milk.
Asparagus Pita Pizza Recipe
This simple vegetarian pizza dinner is perfect for Meat-Free Monday’s (a campaign that encourages us to try one meat-free day...
Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Did you know that zucchinis are great for eye health and protection against age-related eye diseases? Try these delicious fritters...