Two-minute Broccoli with Sesame and Fried Shallots RecipeCredit: Christie Connelly
This is my favourite unconventional way to steam vegies. I use a frying pan with a lid and get perfect results every time. The fried shallots add a beautiful textural crunch and work well with other vegies, too, like asparagus or zucchini.
Serves: 4 as a side
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fried shallots (from Asian grocer or supermarket in jar or packet)
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Use deep frying pan with well-fitting lid. Heat on high, then add broccoli florets and water. The water should sizzle on contact. Stir for 1 min, then cover with lid and cook for 30 secs to 1 min more, shaking pan often, until broccoli is bright green and water has evaporated.
- Add butter and stir to melt so it coats broccoli.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds and fried shallots.
- Scatter over lemon wedges and serve.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Broccoli and Cheese Tart Recipe
The pastry in this recipe is so good that whenever I make a batch I double it. I freeze the...
Broccoli and Macadamia Pesto Recipe
Broccoli is a great source of dietary fibre and vitamin C, required to support bowel health and immune and adrenal...
Teacup Watermelon Soup Recipe
A sweet and crunchy salad and a one-bowl wonder, this gorgeous Teacup Watermelon Soup recipe is delicious.