Vegan banana berry muffins
I love this recipe for vegan banana berry muffins — it is wholefood, plant-based and vegan. Now you can eat cake every day and feel good!
Makes: 12 muffins
- 1 cup fresh Medjool dates, pitted & chopped
- ½ cup hot water
- 3 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup apple purée
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2½ cups rolled oats, blitzed to flour in blender or oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 × 125g punnet fresh blueberries
- 1 × 125g punnet raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place greased baking paper into each hole of 12-hole muffin tin.
- Combine half chopped dates and ½ cup hot water in small bowl. Stand for 10 mins to soften dates.
- Place mashed bananas, soaked dates with soaking water, maple syrup, apple purée and vanilla essence into blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, place oat flour, baking powder, bicarb, cinnamon and remaining chopped dates. Mix well, then add banana mixture and mix well with a fork. Pour into prepared muffin tin.
- Mix berries and distribute evenly into each of the muffins, pushing into muffin batter.
- Bake for about 30 mins. Remove from oven and muffin tin and place on cake rack to cool.