Vegan Pumpkin Penne Cheese Recipe
We may still be in the middle of summer, but it’s always good to have some cool weather dishes handy — and there is nothing better than comfort food to keep you warm from the inside out. Pumpkin, pasta and cheesy flavour all combine in this dish to make you feel warm on a cold day. Great for the kids, this mac cheese is simply divine and super healthy too!
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- 4 cups grated butternut pumpkin
- 1 tbsp vegan stock powder
- 2 cups whole penne, cooked according to packet instructions
- 4 handfuls spinach, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, to serve
- Place a saucepan on a high heat and sauté the diced onion and garlic for 1 minute, add the plant milk, grated pumpkin and stock powder, then bring to the boil. Stir until thick and creamy.
- Stir in the cooked penne, spinach, Dijon mustard, nutmeg and nutritional yeast and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with ½ tbsp of nutritional yeast on each serve.
Chocolate Nice Cream with Strawberries Recipe
Decadent and sweet with natural sugars, this choc nice cream is the perfect sweet treat or pancake topper — and...
Original Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
The original not-soy sauce that’s famous for flavour. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and gluten free. Made from...
Certified Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil — Niulife
Hand-made by small coastal villages in the pristine Solomon Islands, our single-origin wild-harvested Extra Virgin Coconut Oil provides a new...
BBQ Coconut Amino Sauce — Niulife
A deliciously rich and tangy sauce perfect for basting, dipping and pouring. This soy-free seasoning sauce is all-natural, non-GMO and...