Vegan San Choy Bow
This flavoursome dish is loaded with nutritional goodness. Mushrooms contain the antioxidant mineral selenium which helps protect cells from free radical damage, along with helping lower your risk of certain types of cancer such as breast and prostate cancers. Mushrooms are rich in potassium, which is an important mineral needed to help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke. Mushrooms also provide some vitamin D which plays a crucial role in strengthening immune function, offering protection against chronic diseases, and for bone health.
- Sesame oil
- 250g button mushrooms, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice or quinoa
- Handful coriander leaves
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 ½ tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp raw honey or 100 per cent maple syrup
- Juice ½ lime
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Leaves of 1 small iceberg or butter lettuce, washed & dried
- Heat sesame oil in medium frying pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 4 mins, then add garlic, ginger, carrot and spring onions and cook for a further 3–4 mins.
- Stir through brown rice and add coriander.
- In small bowl combine chilli, tamari, honey, and lime. Add to frying pan and gently toss through stir-fry.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving plate and fill with mushroom mixture. Top with fresh herbs and sesame seeds.
Pork & Shiitake Gyoza Recipe
These delicious pork and shiitake gyozas are like a little flavour bomb, with crisp, caramelised base and the soft steamed...
Pan-fried Mushroom & Ginger Dumplings Recipe
Packed with nutrient-rich mushrooms and zesty ginger, these vegan dumplings are as nutritious as they are delicious.
Crumbed Oyster Mushroom Vegan Burger Recipe
This crumbed mushroom vegan burger with cashew creamed Sriracha offers a delicious plant-based dish for the whole family.
Asian-Inspired Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Packed with delicious fusion flavours, this Asian-inspired mushroom risotto is the ultimate comfort food to sink your teeth into all...