4 vegan treats the whole family will love
Ulu Hye offers a sustainable and healthy solution to plant-based milk offerings. One small, reusable jar makes a whopping 10 litres of homemade milk. All you need to do is add water and blend! With four varieties to choose from (almond, hazelnut, hemp and mixed nut blend), you can create delicious, homemade milk in 60 seconds at home. The game changer is you only make what you need, when you need it. Say goodbye to using long-life cartons and wasting half a carton of milk!
Creamy Vegan Pink Ice Creams
Recipe / Ulu Hye
Makes: 4 ice creams
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ Ulu Hye almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Ice-lolly moulds and paddle-pop sticks
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- In a blender, combine banana, strawberries, almond milk and vanilla extract and blend until you have a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Pour mixture into ice-lolly moulds and insert paddle-pop sticks.
- Freeze for a minimum 3 hrs.
- Line a baking tray with a silicon sheet or baking paper.
- Pour coconut yoghurt into a bowl, dip ice creams into yoghurt, place onto the lined tray and re-freeze for a further hr.
- Enjoy once frozen.
Healthy Choc-Hazelnut Sundae
Recipe / Ulu Hye
- 4 frozen bananas
- 2 Medjool dates
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp Ulu Hye hazelnut milk base
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- ⅓ cup melted chocolate
- Crushed hazelnuts
- Desiccated coconut
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except toppings and blend on high until you have a thick, creamy consistency.
- Serve in a glass or bowl, drizzle chocolate and top with crushed hazelnuts and desiccated coconut.
Creamy Vegan Spaghetti Carbonara
Recipe / Ulu Hye
- Mushroom "Bacon"
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup salt
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Egg-free Sauce
- ½ head cauliflower, chopped into small chunks
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked for 30 mins in warm water
- ¾ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Splash tamari
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1½ cup Ulu Hye nut milk (use more or less depending on the consistency you wish to have)
- 1 tsp salt
- 500g dried spaghetti of choice (GF, if required)
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
¼ cup grated vegan cheese, to garnish (optional)
- Vegan parmesan: ½ cup hemp seeds, 4 tbsp nutritional yeast, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp salt all blitzed in your food processor for 3-5 secs, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a medium bowl, place sliced mushrooms, paprika, olive oil, salt and tamari and stir, then set aside.
- Line a baking tray with silicone mat or baking paper and place chopped cauliflower onto tray and bake for 25 mins.
- Once cauliflower is ready, set aside and place mushroom mix on a lined tray and bake for 20 mins.
- While mushrooms are baking, boil some water in a large pan and cook pasta.
- In a blender or food processor, place cauliflower, cashews, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, tamari, mustard, onion and garlic powder and milk and blend on high until you have a smooth and creamy consistency. Season to taste.
- Drain the pasta and place back into pan.
- On a medium to low heat, add creamy sauce and stir through until heated.
- Add mushroom "bacon" and stir through.
- Serve pasta and garnish with vegan parmesan, fresh parsley and vegan cheese, if desired.
Vegan Custard Tart
Recipe / Ulu Hye
- 1 cup oats
- 100g arrowroot biscuits
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave or rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp Ulu Hye almond milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup Ulu Hye almond milk
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- ½ tsp arrowroot
- 3 tbsp agave syrup or sweetener of choice
- Pinch turmeric for colour
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Fresh fruit, to serve
- In a blender or food processor combine oats and arrowroot biscuits and blitz.
- Add desiccated coconut and salt and blitz to a fine but crunchy powder.
- Add coconut oil, syrup of your choice and almond milk and combine.
- Press into mini cake tins, patty cakes or a large tart pan. If using patty cakes, make sure there is a ridge so the custard can sit within the crust.
- Place in the freezer to set.
- To make the custard, place milk, cornflour and arrowroot in a small pan, and stir until completely combined.
- Turn stove on to a medium heat and add agave syrup or sweetener of choice, turmeric powder and vanilla bean paste.
- With a whisk, continually stir; custard will gradually thicken. Once it has thickened to your desired consistency, remove from heat. This should only take a few mins, so watch carefully.
- Remove base from freezer and fill with custard.
- Top with your preferred toppings, such as fresh fruit.
For more information visit uluhye.com.au
Ceres Organics — Young Jackfruit
Inside this can you’ll find a jackfruit of all trades. It’s a fruit with the mystic ability of a culinary...
Quinoa Rainbow Salad Recipe
This rainbow salad is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and, of course, plenty of flavour for a nutritious lunch that'll nourish...
Pesto, Asparagus & Tomato Risotto Recipe
This green vegan risotto is a great way to enjoy an interesting meal that is a satisfying and nutritious, restaurant-quality...
Gluten-free Smashed Avocado Toast Topped with Roast Veggies Recipe
This deliciously healthy gluten-free take on smashed avo is packed with healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied from...