Zucchini, Carrot & Sundried Tomato Slice
This dish is the easiest and healthiest afternoon treat and is the perfect way to use up leftover vegetables in the fridge. Add some feta or ricotta if you want some extra creaminess but it’s equally delicious without. This slice can be served either hot or cold with an accompanying salad.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 zucchini, grated
- 1 capsicum, finely diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 125g unrefined self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp sundried tomatoes
- 150g cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 20cm × 30cm baking tin.
- Beat eggs gently in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking tin and smooth top, then place in oven and cook for 25–30 mins until cooked through.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool.
Plant-Based Ginger Slice
I’ve remade this traditional sweet of New Zealand with all plant-based ingredients, and given it a real hit of ginger...
Wholesome Cinnamon Slice
This recipe is a great one to cook with kids — they love getting their hands into it. If they...