Zucchini Chips Recipe
Who says chips can’t be healthy? Think outside the potato square and make yourself a crunchy snack that’s also a delicious serve of green vegies. Panko breadcrumbs are super-crispy Japanese-style breadcrumbs, but feel free to substitute any you have to hand, or make it gluten free by using quinoa flakes or polenta instead.
Serves: 4 as a snack
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- Salt & pepper
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 4 medium zucchinis, sliced into thin discs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- Lemon wedges & coconut yoghurt or tahini, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in wide, shallow bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place panko breadcrumbs and lemon zest in another wide, shallow bowl and stir to combine.
- Dip each zucchini chip in egg mixture then breadcrumb mixture and place on baking tray lined with non-stick paper.
- Brush or drizzle with coconut oil and cook for 15 mins until golden. Flip and brush or drizzle with a little more oil and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges and yoghurt or tahini for dipping, if you like.
Chicken, Thyme, Vegetable Sausage Rolls
These sausage rolls are simple to make and are sure to become a kid’s party favourite. They make a great...
Lamb, Mint & Raisin Meatballs
These are a great snack at a kids’ party, especially if you also have adults attending. They are tastier than...
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
This pumpkin bread is nutrient-rich, high in protein and fibre, free from grains and gluten and can be made dairy-free....
Chocolate Cherry Bites Recipe
These healthy chocolatey, cherry and coconutty raw, refined sugar-, gluten- and dairy-free treats are perfect bite-sized snacking.