This antipasto stack is a sensational starter for two. It’s so quick and easy to make and has the most incredible flavour combination. Make sure you choose the best vine-ripened tomato and the freshest basil.
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced into 4
- 6 slices salami
- ½ bunch basil, leaves plucked
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 burrata (or buffalo mozzarella)
- On a serving plate, alternate the slices of tomato with the salami and basil leaves.
- In a small blender or in a mortar and pestle, blend the lemon juice, cashew nuts, olive oil and seasoning to form a creamy basil oil.
- Place the burrata on top of the stack and spoon over the basil oil.
- Serve with crackers or crusty sourdough.