Labneh (Middle Eastern strained yogurt) is similar to Greek yoghurt or sour cream but it has a thicker consistency like soft cheese and has a richer flavour. Try making your own labneh at home!
Labneh is a Middle Eastern strained yogurt similar to Greek yoghurt or sour cream but with a thicker consistency and a richer flavour. Learn how to make your own at home!
- 1 tub sugar- and additive-free yoghurt
- Sea salt
- Place strainer in large bowl allowing for a few cm of space between the bottom of the bowl and the strainer. Line strainer with cheesecloth.
- Spoon tub of plain yoghurt into cheesecloth and add a pinch of sea salt.
- Wrap cheesecloth and secure with clip.
- Place saucer on top or small saucepan lid or something heavy to weigh it down and place in fridge for 24–48 hours depending upon thickness required.
- When ready remove labneh and discard whey.
- Use labneh to spread on toast or in a salad or as a dip.