This is a super-tasty meal loaded with flavour. Once all the ingredients are prepared, it’s very quick to make too!
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or rapadura
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce or 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Juice 1 lime
- 250g rice noodles, Pad Thai style
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 300g boneless, skinless chicken
- breasts or thigh, sliced very thinly
- 3 free-range or organic eggs, whisked
- 120g bean sprouts
- 1 bunch garlic chives, cut into 2cm lengths
- 60g roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- To make the sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Boil the kettle and heat a wok or large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with the boiling water. Soak for 5 mins then drain, rinsing immediately under cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in the wok or pan. Add the onion and cook until softened. Add the garlic and chicken and stir-fry to cook.
- Once cooked, push to the side and pour in the whisked egg on the opposite side of the wok, mixing to cook.
- Add two thirds of the bean sprouts, garlic chives, two thirds of the peanuts, ½ the coriander, noodles and all the sauce.
- Remove from the heat and gently fold to combine.
- Garnish with remaining bean sprouts, peanuts and coriander.
- Serve with lime wedges and optional chilli.