The bright and herbal flavour of celeriac is the perfect foil for the sweet, spiced wild rice stuffing. This dish is a centrepiece that is deceptively simple to put together and will please and surprise every eater at the table.
- 3 whole celeriac bulbs, peeled
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 50g currants
- ¼ cup pickled red onions, chopped
- 250g instant wild rice mix
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Wrap each celeriac bulb in foil.
- Roast for 1 hour, until softened.
- While the celeriac cooks, place the chopped spinach, currants and diced pickled red onions into a bowl and combine.
- Microwave rice as per directions and tip hot rice into a bowl to wilt spinach.
- Once the celeriac is cooked, remove from the foil and cut off the top.
- Scoop out the inside of the celeriac, leaving a border around the edges and bottom.
- Dice the celeriac that you removed and add it to the rice filling.
- Taste the rice and season accordingly.
- Place the celeriac back onto a baking tray and spoon in the filling, pressing it down firmly but carefully and piling excess on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place a tent of foil over the top, then bake for 20 mins.
- Uncover and finish off for a further 15 mins.
- Cut each bulb in half to serve.