I’m going to be honest; my dream meal would be savoury cheesecake with sweet cheesecake for dessert. There is something about that rich and creamy filling, contrasted with the crunch of a good shell, that I find irresistible. This cheesecake is creamy and cheesy and can be tweaked with whatever flavours you prefer. Add some basil and sundried tomatoes or heaps of fresh herbs, maybe some chunks of roasted pumpkin.
- 60g butter, melted
- 12 sheets filo pastry, defrosted
- 250g full-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 300g ricotta, room temperature
- 160g Greek yoghurt
- 150g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepperPreheat oven to 150°C.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Grease and line a 20cm springform pan.
- Lay 1 sheet of filo on a clean bench and brush with melted butter.
- Lay a second sheet on top and then repeat.
- Gently place the pastry into the springform pan and then repeat this process 3 more times.
- Each time you lay the pastry into the tin, rotate it slightly so that you get full coverage.
- Press the pastry into the tin and then sit to one side.
- Place the cream cheese, ricotta, yoghurt and parmesan in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until creamy.
- Add the Dijon and the eggs and mix until completely combined.
- Season to taste.
- Pour into the filo shell and bake for 1 hour until it is just set in the middle, with a slight wobble.
- Cool completely in the tin before eating at room temperature with a light green salad.