Journeys of the Spirit
Journeys of the Spirit organises wellness holidays, spiritual journeys and unique travel experiences for individuals and small groups, allowing them to reconnect to their wisest and highest self. Connecting with and learning from the wisdoms of indigenous healing elders and the world’s sacred sites, attendees are led on a journey in a range of destinations including Bhutan, India, France, Spain, Peru, Cambodia, Japan and Italy.
Founder Julie Baker works intuitively, bringing together her 34-year career in travel, tourism, mentoring and lecturing as well as her spiritual practices — yoga, meditation, shamanic and natural healing — to create opportunities for people to step away from life’s distractions and immerse themselves into the healing traditions and energy sites of this wonderful planet.
While all journeys are different, each is fun, safe, supportive and nourishing. All travel experiences include the luxury of stunning accommodation, pampering treats, deliciously healthy food and activities to make your spirit soar.
Each journey is handcrafted and is designed to immerse attendees into the indigenous healing wisdoms and sacred sites of that particular destination. Journeys of the Spirit weaves internal and external experiences throughout these experiences to create an opportunity for deep transformation. Destination selections are either intuited or received in a meditation and it can take more than a year to create the final product. Sourcing, collaborating and co-creating with the elders, healers and keepers of the ancient wisdoms, Journeys of the Spirit creates a genuine healing experience that truly reflects the jewels of these ancient wisdoms.
Possible destinations include:
- Kerala Ayurvedic retreat, India — the birthplace of Ayurveda, the 5000-year-old traditional form of healing and wisdom for complete wellbeing of your spiritual, mental, physical, emotional and physiological self. The retreat features sublime treatments for two hours every day, delicious food to heal your body, yoga, meditation, pranayama, insightful conversation, inspirational company and deep relaxation. All this occurs within this nurturing paradise, which sits on a feminine-energy healing site.
- Bhutan — the land of “Gross National Happiness” is a magnificent kingdom, untouched by the Western world until 1999, steeped in tradition, and a living, breathing example to the world of achieving the right balance through the thoughtful attention to their spiritual culture and sacred land. On this journey, you follow the trail of Guru Rinpoche, as he wandered the land in the 11th century, introducing Buddhism to Bhutan.
- Camino de Santiago, Spain — take an exquisite journey along this sacred pilgrimage path where you feel the energy in your heart and soul the moment you step onto the land. Food, wine, walks, boutique rural inns, cooking classes … pure delights for the senses await you.
- Japan — for thousands of years, the isolated Kumano Kodo route has been journey of healing and deep connection in the lush mountains of Wakayama, the spiritual heartland of Japan. Stretching across the Kii Peninsula on the island of Honshu, this pilgrimage takes you off the beaten track into a world of stunning scenery, healing onsen hot springs, delicious food and authentic ryokan inns. Walk to the grand shrines through tiny villages, along pristine mountain trails shrouded by 800-year-old giant trees, enjoying the abundance of nature in its autumn glow. This truly is the land of the gods.
NOTE: there are only two UNESCO World Heritage walks in the world and Journeys of the Spirit does both — the Kumano Kodo in Japan and the Camino in Spain.
- Peru — experience Peru with the deep wisdom shared by a Peruvian shaman and medicine man, who shares with us the significance of the seven energy points at Machu Picchu. We also visit and experience ceremony at his favourite sites, which are hidden treasures to most. Exploring the remarkable natural wonders of this very sacred land on the autumn equinox is breathtaking.
- Building Dreams in Cambodia — spend five days building a home for a family in need. No building experience necessary, just a willingness to open your heart to give one of the greatest gifts you can to another human being: your time, energy, love, safety and security. Your life will be touched forever.
- Aurora Borealis in Scandinavia — come dance through wild landscapes and witness the greatest light show on earth.
These are just a few of the experiences that Journeys of the Spirit makes available to you. To discover the destination of your dreams, contact Julie and the team.
Connect with Journeys of the Spirit
P: 0427 766 716
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Prevent premature ageing with these skin saving tips
We often turn to expensive creams and topical solutions to treat our skin problems. Here, we look at supporting the...
Pomegranate’s anti-ageing potential
Pomegranate have been shown to slow ageing at the cellular level. Eat up!
Have we found the magic anti-ageing bullet?
We take an in-depth look at resveratrol, touted as the miracle molecule with the ability to reverse ageing, prevent cancer...