Palak Paneer Recipe
This tasty Pakistani-style Palak Paneer is a really delicious side or main. Spinach, as Popeye will attest to, is one nutrient-dense, fibre-filled vegetable. The lovely warming spices in this dish also support a healthy digestive and immune system.
- 2cm-piece ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small red chilli (optional)
- 150g bunch spinach leaves, washed & roughly chopped
- 60mL water
- 1 tbsp ghee, butter or coconut oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 200g paneer, diced into 1-2cm cubes
- 120mL coconut milk
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, chop the ginger, garlic and chilli, scrape the sides and add a handful of spinach and the water and purée to a rough paste.
- In a medium-sized pan melt your ghee, butter or coconut oil over a medium heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until it has softened.
- Add the spinach paste, cumin, coriander, sea salt and tomatoes and cook for about another 3 mins, until the tomato is softening and the spices release their aroma.
- Add the remaining spinach, paneer and coconut milk and cook until the spinach has wilted. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve immediately or you can set it aside to reheat and serve later.
- Tip: This dish can be pre-prepared and leftovers are just as good the next day.
Spinach & Feta Scrolls Recipe
These savoury scrolls are delicious and filling, packed with spinach and feta for a satisfyingly healthy snack or on-the-go lunch.
Vegetable Pasta Bake Recipe
This easy pasta bake is the perfect way to use up leftover veggies in the fridge. Add chilli flakes to...
Veg-Packed Chickpea Burgers Recipe
Looking for a delicious dinner option that's jam-packed with vegetables? These easy and tasty burgers made with black beans and...
Thai Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
This dish offers a quick-to-make, super-tasty vegetable stir-fry. The sauce has such a beautiful flavour that will make your veggies...