Apple and Fennel Soup Recipe
With this soup, there’s no such thing as pot luck. The aniseed flavour of the fennel and the apple combine perfectly on cool nights to cosy up your insides.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled & diced
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 small fennel bulbs, with fronds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1L good-quality chicken, vegetable or bone broth
- 4 Granny Smith or seasonal apples, peeled & chopped
- Juice 1 lemon
- Coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot or saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery and garlic for 3–4 mins, or until softened.
- Meanwhile, remove fronds from fennel and reserve for garnishing.
- Dice fennel bulbs and set aside.
- Add mustard to pan, stirring well. Stir in stock, fennel and apple.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 30–35 mins, or until fennel is tender.
- Leave to cool slightly, then purée soup in food processor or with hand-held stick blender. Whisk in lemon juice, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Gently reheat soup, if needed.
- Ladle into bowls, add swirl of coconut yoghurt, garnish with reserved fennel fronds and serve.
Roasted Sweet Potato Chips with Beans and Feta Recipe
Sometimes you just need something simple and easy to make but delicious to end the day with. Try this Roasted...
Lamb Korma with Spiced Cauliflower Rice Recipe
One of our favourite ways to eat lamb is in a slow-cooked curry. Despite the long list of ingredients, this...
Matcha Panna Cotta with Raspberry Ice Recipe
A beautiful, delicious and nourishing dessert, this Matcha Panna Cotta is really easy to make and a dessert you’ll love...
Pancakes Hoppers Recipe
This recipe draws inspiration from Sri Lankan hoppers, which are fermented pancakes made from rice flour, served for breakfast with...