Apple and Fennel Soup Recipe
With this soup, there’s no such thing as pot luck. The aniseed flavour of the fennel and the apple combine perfectly on cool nights to cosy up your insides.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled & diced
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 small fennel bulbs, with fronds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1L good-quality chicken, vegetable or bone broth
- 4 Granny Smith or seasonal apples, peeled & chopped
- Juice 1 lemon
- Coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot or saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery and garlic for 3–4 mins, or until softened.
- Meanwhile, remove fronds from fennel and reserve for garnishing.
- Dice fennel bulbs and set aside.
- Add mustard to pan, stirring well. Stir in stock, fennel and apple.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 30–35 mins, or until fennel is tender.
- Leave to cool slightly, then purée soup in food processor or with hand-held stick blender. Whisk in lemon juice, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Gently reheat soup, if needed.
- Ladle into bowls, add swirl of coconut yoghurt, garnish with reserved fennel fronds and serve.
Healthy Gluten-free Waffles with Mixed Berries
These delicious light and healthy gluten-free waffles make a perfect weekend breakfast.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner