Apple and Fennel Soup Recipe
With this soup, there’s no such thing as pot luck. The aniseed flavour of the fennel and the apple combine perfectly on cool nights to cosy up your insides.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled & diced
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 small fennel bulbs, with fronds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1L good-quality chicken, vegetable or bone broth
- 4 Granny Smith or seasonal apples, peeled & chopped
- Juice 1 lemon
- Coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot or saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery and garlic for 3–4 mins, or until softened.
- Meanwhile, remove fronds from fennel and reserve for garnishing.
- Dice fennel bulbs and set aside.
- Add mustard to pan, stirring well. Stir in stock, fennel and apple.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 30–35 mins, or until fennel is tender.
- Leave to cool slightly, then purée soup in food processor or with hand-held stick blender. Whisk in lemon juice, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Gently reheat soup, if needed.
- Ladle into bowls, add swirl of coconut yoghurt, garnish with reserved fennel fronds and serve.
Fragrant Chicken Broth with Tofu Recipe
This fragrant broth is filled with so much goodness that just the aroma makes you feel better. Enjoy our Fragrant...
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes with Mocha Fudge Sauce Recipe
These delicious gluten-free pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast or afternoon treat.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...