Apple and Fennel Soup Recipe
With this soup, there’s no such thing as pot luck. The aniseed flavour of the fennel and the apple combine perfectly on cool nights to cosy up your insides.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled & diced
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 small fennel bulbs, with fronds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1L good-quality chicken, vegetable or bone broth
- 4 Granny Smith or seasonal apples, peeled & chopped
- Juice 1 lemon
- Coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot or saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery and garlic for 3–4 mins, or until softened.
- Meanwhile, remove fronds from fennel and reserve for garnishing.
- Dice fennel bulbs and set aside.
- Add mustard to pan, stirring well. Stir in stock, fennel and apple.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 30–35 mins, or until fennel is tender.
- Leave to cool slightly, then purée soup in food processor or with hand-held stick blender. Whisk in lemon juice, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Gently reheat soup, if needed.
- Ladle into bowls, add swirl of coconut yoghurt, garnish with reserved fennel fronds and serve.
Healthy Seed Crackers Recipe
Looking for a snack that is nut-, dairy- or gluten-free, with an egg-free option, too? Try our delicious Healthy Seed...
Banana Berry Bliss Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Bananas are one of the best sources of vitamin B6, which is needed for a healthy nervous system. They also...
Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet Stalks and Whole Pumpkin Recipe
A wonderful way to use up vegetables and avoid food waste is by making this Frittata with Tomato Tops, Silverbeet...