Apple and Fennel Soup Recipe
With this soup, there’s no such thing as pot luck. The aniseed flavour of the fennel and the apple combine perfectly on cool nights to cosy up your insides.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled & diced
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 small fennel bulbs, with fronds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1L good-quality chicken, vegetable or bone broth
- 4 Granny Smith or seasonal apples, peeled & chopped
- Juice 1 lemon
- Coconut yoghurt, to serve
- Heat olive oil in large stockpot or saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion, celery and garlic for 3–4 mins, or until softened.
- Meanwhile, remove fronds from fennel and reserve for garnishing.
- Dice fennel bulbs and set aside.
- Add mustard to pan, stirring well. Stir in stock, fennel and apple.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 30–35 mins, or until fennel is tender.
- Leave to cool slightly, then purée soup in food processor or with hand-held stick blender. Whisk in lemon juice, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Gently reheat soup, if needed.
- Ladle into bowls, add swirl of coconut yoghurt, garnish with reserved fennel fronds and serve.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Gluten-Free Strawberry Strudel Recipe
This is a healthy gluten-free version of a traditional German strudel. If you can, make your own healthy pastry instead...
Lemon and Berry Pancakes Recipe
These Gluten-free Healthy Lemon and Berry Pancakes remind use of a lemon and berry cheesecake. They taste so good!
Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes Recipe
These thin Pear and Cinnamon Pancakes are worth the little bit of extra time they take to make. Plus, the...
Smoked Kransky and Sweet Potato Stew with Red Sauerkraut Recipe
In this dish, be sure to buy the best-quality kransky sausages you can find at a reputable butcher or deli...