Asian Broccoli Rice Recipe
This is the perfect dish to accompany grilled seafood or chicken skewers. It’s much lighter than fried rice and provides you with a tasty hit of vegetables.
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into large pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 25g fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- Juice 1 lime
- 15 snow peas, thinly sliced
- Handful fresh mint, chopped
- Add broccoli to food processor and blend for 1 minute, until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Heat coconut oil in large frypan and add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook for 5 mins until soft and caramelised.
- Add broccoli, fish sauce and tamari sauce, and cook for a further minute.
- Stir through lime juice, snow peas and mint, and remove from heat.
- Serve topped with extra chopped chilli and fresh mint.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Raspberry and Star Anise Friands Recipe
Friands are a cross between a cupcake and a muffin in texture and are usually made with almond flour. These...
Gingery Pear and Rhubarb Crumble Recipe
Pears are a fabulous source of fibre and, coupled with the nutty topping, make a protein- and nutrient-rich dessert.
Rocket, Parsley and Hazelnut Soup Recipe
Simply vary the consistency of this sauce and you use it on pasta, roasted veggies, or even a dip.
Strawberry and Elderflower Jellies Recipe
Feel free to use any other berries in this recipe. Elderflower would work very well with blackberries or blueberries in...