Asian Noodle Soup Recipe
This soup is a very nutritious and nourishing meal. It’s one of my go-to recipes if anyone in the family is run-down or we feel the need to reset. The bone broth is a healing digestive tonic, the coconut water a mineral-dense rehydrator, plus protein and stacks of vegetables … what more could you ask for from a meal?
- 230g (approx.) red or brown rice noodles
- 500mL homemade chicken bone broth or stock
- 3cm piece ginger root, peeled & finely sliced
- 1–2 large cloves garlic, peeled & finely sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved & finely sliced
- 1 kaffir lime leaf (optional but recommended)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 500g free-range or organic chicken thigh or breast, diced
- 2–3 cups vegetables (I use sliced carrot, broccoli florets, shiitake mushrooms, snow peas)
- Juice 1 lime (plus optional wedges to serve)
- 330mL coconut water
- Fresh red chilli or chilli flakes, to taste
- Fresh Vietnamese mint (or regular mint), coriander leaves or Thai basil, to serve (optional)
- Place noodles in bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak until softened. Once soft, divide between four serving bowls.
- In medium-sizes pot, add broth, ginger, garlic, red onion, kaffir lime leaf and fish sauce and bring to slow simmer.
- Add chicken and simmer until cooked through. Remove chicken to plate and shred or slice. Divide between bowls (including any juices).
- Add your vegetables and simmer for a few mins until just starting to soften. Just before serving, add coconut water and lime juice and bring back to simmer then take off heat immediately.
- Taste and make sure it has nice balance of sweetness from coconut water, saltiness from fish sauce and sourness from lime juice. Adjust any flavours if needed.
- Divide vegetables between bowls and pour over broth.
- Garnish with chilli and fresh Asian herbs.
Fragrant Chicken Broth with Tofu Recipe
This fragrant broth is filled with so much goodness that just the aroma makes you feel better. Enjoy our Fragrant...
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes with Mocha Fudge Sauce Recipe
These delicious gluten-free pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast or afternoon treat.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...