Avocado Pesto Buckwheat Pasta
Buckwheat is actually a fibre-rich seed, which is used just like a grain. It is gluten-free and not related to wheat. Fibre is an important part of a healthy diet, needed for colon health and to keep you regular, as well as to keep cholesterol levels low and promote fullness after a meal.
GF, V, VG
- ½ large avocado
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Juice ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts + extra for topping
- Cooked buckwheat pasta
- Crumbled feta or goat’s cheese, for topping (optional)
- Pinch sea salt & pepper
- In food processor blend avocado, garlic, basil, lemon juice, olive oil and pine nuts until well combined. Add a little water for a thinner pesto.
- Toss avocado pesto through cooked pasta then top with pine nuts or crumbled cheese and serve. Season to taste.
The healing, heart-healthy properties of the humble almond
Almonds are actually a seed, not a nut, but whatever you call them they are super-healthy and can help with...
Do you have a magnesium deficiency? We take a look at the early signs and how to balance your intake
Although magnesium is vital for human health, it is estimated that half of all adults are magnesium deficient.
Have you ever heard of osteopenia? We investigate a case of increasing osteopenia
Have you ever heard of osteopenia? WellBeing's resident naturopath Dr Karen Bridgman investigate a case of increasing osteopenia.
KFibre — 100% Natural Whole Plant Fibre
What we eat plays a significant role in shaping our gut microbiome, and diets high in prebiotic fibres are shown...