Baked Apple Pancakes Recipe
This baked apple pancake is a delicious sweet-bake to include in your meal-planning agenda. It’s gluten free and all its sweetness comes from the purity of the apple. With just a handful of ingredients, this baby can be whipped together on a Sunday afternoon and enjoyed for dessert, still leaving you with portions of delectability to be savoured through the week.
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- Stevia, to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 medium eggs
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 125mL almond milk
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line 21cm×9cm loaf (bar) tin with baking paper.
- In medium bowl, mix three-quarters of apple slices with stevia and lemon juice.
- In separate medium-sized bowl, whisk eggs then mix in flour, coconut milk, almond milk and salt plus apple mixture. Let batter rest for 10 mins then pour into prepared tin. Top with remaining apple slices then sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake for 20–25 mins until set. Leave to cool for 10 mins, cut into portions and serve warm.
- Tip: Letting batter rest for 10 mins before using is a good exercise in patience and results in a smoother mix and even hydration. This works for both baked and pan-cooked pancakes.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasties Recipe
Mildly spiced, these Healthy Pumpkin and Chickpea Pasties are suitable for the whole family and are packed with fibre and...
Gluten-free Delicious Lemon Cakes Recipe
A long lazy lunch is not complete without something sweet to finish. These lemon cakes are very simple to make,...
Ploughman’s Board Recipe
Homemade seeded crackers are perfect for a ploughman’s board. Feel free to pick a selection of cheeses and add some...
Vegetarian Mushrooms and Lentil Bolognese Pasta Cake Recipe
The combination of finely chopped mushrooms and nutty lentils give a real beef mince-like texture and appearance. Try this healthy...