Banana Bread French Toast Recipe
This banana bread French toast first came to life when I had half a banana bread loaf in the fridge, over-ripe bananas and a big tub of ricotta. It’s grain free so perfect for paleos and the addition of coconut flour and almond meal give it a beautiful texture. Banana bread is always a great way to use up over-ripe bananas. And this recipe is so delicious, you may want to have it for breakfast every day.
- Banana Bread Loaf
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120g coconut flour, sifted
- 90g almond meal
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 125mL maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 125mL coconut oil, softened
- French Toast
- 160mL milk
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 60g unsalted butter
- 200g ricotta, to serve
- Extra bananas & maple syrup, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease 1.5L loaf pan and line with baking paper. Whisk together cinnamon, bicarb, baking powder, coconut flour and almond meal. In separate bowl, whisk together banana, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla essence and coconut oil. Fold in dry ingredients and gently combine.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake for 50–60 mins until golden and cooked through. Cool completely in loaf pan before resting on wire rack.
- To make French toast, cut banana bread into thick slices. Whisk milk, eggs and cinnamon in shallow bowl and dip banana bread slices in egg mixture on each side. Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat and cook for 2–3 mins each side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and top with extra banana, ricotta and maple syrup.
The secret healing power of pineapple
We all know pineapple is deliciously sweet - but did you know about its secret healing power? Read on to...
Why avocados are good for your health
Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source of healing fats and nutrients.
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
We take a look at Cardamom, "the queen of spices" and its health benefits
Known as the “queen of spices”, the active ingredients in cardamom exhibit a variety of metabolic activities including reducing spasms...