Banana Bread French Toast Recipe
This banana bread French toast first came to life when I had half a banana bread loaf in the fridge, over-ripe bananas and a big tub of ricotta. It’s grain free so perfect for paleos and the addition of coconut flour and almond meal give it a beautiful texture. Banana bread is always a great way to use up over-ripe bananas. And this recipe is so delicious, you may want to have it for breakfast every day.
- Banana Bread Loaf
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120g coconut flour, sifted
- 90g almond meal
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 125mL maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 125mL coconut oil, softened
- French Toast
- 160mL milk
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 60g unsalted butter
- 200g ricotta, to serve
- Extra bananas & maple syrup, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease 1.5L loaf pan and line with baking paper. Whisk together cinnamon, bicarb, baking powder, coconut flour and almond meal. In separate bowl, whisk together banana, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla essence and coconut oil. Fold in dry ingredients and gently combine.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake for 50–60 mins until golden and cooked through. Cool completely in loaf pan before resting on wire rack.
- To make French toast, cut banana bread into thick slices. Whisk milk, eggs and cinnamon in shallow bowl and dip banana bread slices in egg mixture on each side. Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat and cook for 2–3 mins each side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and top with extra banana, ricotta and maple syrup.
Are you ready to join the coconut craze?
You see them everywhere — cracked open and ready to drink at fresh food markets and cold-pressed into jars at...
Tahini Cumin Dressing Recipe
This is my Middle-Eastern-inspired dressing which I use on anything from salads to roasted vegetables; it’s especially good on roasted...
An in-depth look at leafy greens and their health benefits
You’ve heard about the superfood powers of chia and blueberries but, lurking in the vegetable aisle of the supermarket and...
Cranberry and Oat Cookies Recipe
Cranberries are rich in protective antioxidants, vitamin A and K — all-important nutrients needed to promote healthy eyes and good...